setting for king motor engine as not running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopycoopy

does anyone know the factory settings for the high and low needles as i have turned the high end needle and now wont run ... the plug gets wet and is hard to start , it wont run when the choke is off, there is fuel in the fuel line and in the return line ? is it normal to have the return line full of fuel and how do i tune the engine to get it ticking over normally also it back fires when pulling the pull start .... :2guns:

I think it will be something like the following

H needle : 1 3/8 + or - 1/4
L needle : 1 1/4 + or - 1/4

I think it will be something like the following

H needle : 1 3/8 + or - 1/4
L needle : 1 1/4 + or - 1/4

is that from fully in ? so i screw it in fully then unscrew it 1 3/8 of a turn ? the low end screw i have not touched ... just the high end i have turned and the idle screw ? now it starts after cleaning the plug , then stalls as the plug gets wet , if i put a little more oil in the fuel ! would this make it stall ? :no:

I'm pretty sure you screw the needles in all the way then back them out. far as to much oil fouling the plug..I think thats is very possible?

is that from fully in ? so i screw it in fully then unscrew it 1 3/8 of a turn ? the low end screw i have not touched ... just the high end i have turned and the idle screw ? now it starts after cleaning the plug , then stalls as the plug gets wet , if i put a little more oil in the fuel ! would this make it stall ? :no:

If the plug is wet....it is way too rich.
Reset the needles to L 1-1/2...H 1-1/4.
If it still stalls....lean off (screw it in) the L needle 1/16 at a time.

These engines will run with oil-fuel ratio at 10-1....but it will smoke like a bushfire...

If the plug is wet....it is way too rich.
Reset the needles to L 1-1/2...H 1-1/4.
If it still stalls....lean off (screw it in) the L needle 1/16 at a time.

These engines will run with oil-fuel ratio at 10-1....but it will smoke like a bushfire...

I HAVE SORTED IT NOW , THE SETTINGS U GAVE ME HELPED ... I ALSO CHANGED THE PLUG TO A NGK A HOT ONE RUNS LIKE A DREAM ... THANKS GUYS !:donatello:

I HAVE SORTED IT NOW , THE SETTINGS U GAVE ME HELPED ... I ALSO CHANGED THE PLUG TO A NGK A HOT ONE RUNS LIKE A DREAM ... THANKS GUYS !:donatello:

Good one bud.....the settings I gave you are the factory base settings for all walbro's and copy's of walbro's......good to hear it's up and running.

The KM carb is a copy of the Walbro and the Walbro settings work for it. The one think I have found is that you can never get the settings on the Km motor perfect. Not sure if its the motor or the carb that is slightly off? Or maybe I just expect a bit too much out of the little 23cc motor. :laugh:

I've noticed that in the KM 29cc the carb settings seem to be a little leaner than the stock settings...

What I mean is that the low needle seems to run best at around 1 turn and this is rich!
So I went by ear.... set the low an almost stall then lean it a bit and I always end up at around 1 turn from closed.... obviously this is a rich setting but it seems to run great like this...

The High needle I have set to the above stock setting... seems to work great...

I'm still running the stock TORCH plug..:blush: believe it or not!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks