Setup Tools...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passamal

Hi!!!

What do you happy owners of mcd rally use to setup you car!??

toe, camber and caster??

I was "playing" rally 101 by looking at it and thinking... wow i would love to disassemble it all hehehe...(by the way MCD RALLY COMES WITHOUT A MANUAL OR A EXPLODED VIEW???) and i notice that the car came with A LOT OF CAMBER... looking at it by the front of it its like this / \. i looked at it and only the inner part of the wheels touch the floor...

I know that i need some camber and some toe in/out... but i think thats too much...

so i was thinking what im going to use to setup it...

I found a FG setup tool... but i don't know if it works on MCD RALLY...

Thanks for the help!

That FG tool is probably a plastic camber tool. It will work well for your rally application. I have one and it is very easy to use.
For the technical driving aspects, i personally make sure both sides have the same camber setting. What you have "/ \" is negative camber and that is what you want. You will notice also that the rear wheels will be pointing inwards and the front will be pointing outwards, that is called toe angle and that is perfectly normal as well (it helps when you take a corner).
I found on my Race Runner that they come pretty well setup from factory for your basic runs. If you want to get more technical and start racing for competition, there is a couple of books such as (xxx main car adjustments book).. That one i found to be very good.

You're correct, the MCD's don't come with manuals, but I think you can download the PDF from their site..

Hope this helps

Chris

Hey

Thanks!!!

damn...

i already messed up the original setup hehehe
:no::scared:

mmm i think i can make it back to what it was... i just messed the rear camber a litle hehehe

because i think it was way too much... more than 2 degres...

trying to avoid tire wear. here a set of 4 tires+ rims... cost 2x what cost for the rest os you hehehe
you pay 40$ for 2 tires+wheels. ill pay on delivery 80+

Tax and death... you know...:2guns:

Yeah LOL

I won't spend money on my real car, but for my little one it's all the way..LOL

Change the settings and drive it out see how you like it.. After all it's all about your preference.
The reason they have so much camber is so it grips the road a little better when you are cornering.
If you got a protractor you can measure out your angle that way as well.. it's just not as convenient as the FG gauge.

Chris

Yeah LOL

I won't spend money on my real car, but for my little one it's all the way..LOL

Change the settings and drive it out see how you like it.. After all it's all about your preference.
The reason they have so much camber is so it grips the road a little better when you are cornering.
If you got a protractor you can measure out your angle that way as well.. it's just not as convenient as the FG gauge.

Chris

LOL!!!

thats it... need to change the tires of my car... but the money all spent on the RALLY hehehe

Thanks for the reply!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks