Shark's MCD Lancia Delta HF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys,

here is it, after days of exhaustive work..my mcd rally car.

when i got my first mcd, it was always a toss up between a rally car or a baja1000. having chosen the 1000 previously for its go anywhere capability, i had a real good time with it. i wanted to throw alot of alloy at it, but i still wanted a rally car..so..decisions..

it didnt take long to sell the baja, its now living in new york.

a forum member made me an offer i couldnt refuse..and i got a used (brand new, unused) rally car..

it was completely stock with a ported head. it came with a lancia shell..which although had never used, it left a lot to be desired..a bad paint job, which i tried to rescue and failed.

i got a lovely new shell from king cobra, and the martini decals..which..shock horror :shock: , come with NO red, apart from a small strip that goes accross the roof. so all the red colour on the car has to be painted.. now im not the most experienced painter, so this was quite a challenge. i was in two minds whether to take the easy road and go for one solid colour and forget about martini. with a stark reminder of the abortion of a shell i was trying to replace, (which had attempted to replicate the martini paintjob..poorly), i knew it really had to be the rally car paint job if i was to be truly happy with the outcome...

now for £38, i would expect the mcd decals to come with the appropriate colours to replicate the actual car..one of the fundamental colours of the lancia rally car is red...and, i would also expect them to be die cut too. i must have spent hours cutting and trimming.. but the perseverence paid off, i think it looks great. i used a hairdyer to finish all the edges, it turned out lovely.

thanks to teac for supplying the car, stevo for the F1 pipe, all the alloy bling and the little roof spoiler!

the spec so far...

kcr lightweight gear carrier
alloy radio tray and pins
steering support plate
brake plate
kcr shock forks
3 rhinos
3 rhino horns
mcd k&n filter
samba F1 pipe
CY bottom end, 26cc ported zenoah head
kcr vented fuel cap
fully chromed engine and pull start
outerwears pullstarter
lancia delta rally car shell

i have de-anodised the roll cage and 3 rhino horns with caustic soda.

more of a shelf queen, it'll not see much actual use, but i'll continue to upgrade it...still waiting on my 1990 BMW M3 shell..supposedly FG will be making it for me as there is no stock left in europe...!

it's a lancia for now..

DSCF7702.gif

DSCF7693.gif

DSCF7699.gif

DSCF7696.gif

DSCF7705.gif

DSCF7700.gif

DSCF7694.gif

DSCF7697.gif

DSCF7698.gif

DSCF7712.gif

DSCF7708.gif

DSCF7706.gif

DSCF7709.gif

DSCF7710.gif

DSCF7711.gif

DSCF7707.gif

DSCF7692.gif

i remember the guy several years ago on the mcd forum,he also did an old FG

BMW shell with great detail.......then he just disappeared :D

K....

He tried to sale the Lancia MCD. I asked him to put in on e-bay but I did not read e-bay description properly- he just put an old body . I paid £500.00-luckily- ebay refunded me the full amount- see full history of e-mail and judge for yourself. I don't think the car existed.

500 is reasonable for a car with this spec..

there are lots of alloys bits fitted. very expensive car.. (you'll know if you been looking at them.)

you can barely buy the servos and radio equipment for that.. (radio is a spektrum 2.4ghz for airplanes and has a huge range, expensive top shelf)

would need to be 500..paypal gift..

cheers
mark

-----Original Message----- From: Umesh Gohil
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 9:34 PM
To: TheSharkfactor
Subject: RE: MCD Lancia

Hi there

Is it possible to send me as many photographs as you can. Will you accept a reasonable offer

Thanks

Regards

Umesh

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 27 February 2012 21:30
To: Umesh Gohil
Subject: Re: MCD Lancia

hi there,

yeh it works fine.. not been run in a good while.. but it runs and the bits are all there.

i also have a spare lancia shell that i use as a banger when driving it..
the shell with the rally decals is still minty fresh with a perfect paintjob and decals..

looking for 500 for the car with both shells. its got rhino servos and mcd battery pack and 2.4ghz radio/receiver. its boxed and clean. 26cc CY engine, samba f1 tuned pipe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks