Shock caps replacement question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzo3856

My son and I finally got our first run on a track this past weekend in Stratford...
needless to say, there is some adjustments that need to be made when moving from a bash field to a proper track...

My son kept sending his Baja a little too much and a rear shock cap broke... so now we can pop it back on, but the "eye" is split, so it will easily pop out again...
Wondering what the options are for replacements...?
do we just go with stock plastic parts? or is there an aluminum cap available?

There was much more options available back before the first hpi model got discontinued. I got aluminium reservoir caps way back then and have held for better than a decade.
Then the Chinese copied the baja and even savage and there is a bunch of options on ali express. Not sure what the quality is cause they are cheap.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$12.70 15%OFF | 6MM Metal Upper or Lower Cap for 1/5 HPI ROVAN ROFUN KM BAJA 5B SS Shock Absorber Buggy Rc Car Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOTYxfk

There was much more options available back before the first hpi model got discontinued. I got aluminium reservoir caps way back then and have held for better than a decade.
Then the Chinese copied the baja and even savage and there is a bunch of options on ali express. Not sure what the quality is cause they are cheap.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$12.70 15%OFF | 6MM Metal Upper or Lower Cap for 1/5 HPI ROVAN ROFUN KM BAJA 5B SS Shock Absorber Buggy Rc Car Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOTYxfk
Thanks for the link...
for that price I might as well try it... fingers crossed

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks