shock covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleguy301

I read on here some time ago about shock covers and you can make them by bike tire inertubes. Is that correct? If it is, what needs to be done to make them fit? What size tube? Any info will help, thank you.

Measure the diameter of the widest part of the shock then goto the bicycle store and by a tube thats the closest in size.

Inner Tube Shock Socks
Gotta be the best bang for buck sock imo.

Get ya **** down Halfords and buy a 26" x 1.5" inner tube

They sucker up real tight and keeps all the crud off the main body and springs, very easy to clean, just wipe down and dry (no need to machine wash)

You can get at least 8 socks out of 1 tube

J.
(copied from another forum)

Inner Tube Shock Socks
Gotta be the best bang for buck sock imo.

Get ya **** down Halfords and buy a 26" x 1.5" inner tube

They sucker up real tight and keeps all the crud off the main body and springs, very easy to clean, just wipe down and dry (no need to machine wash)

You can get at least 8 socks out of 1 tube

J.
(copied from another forum)

He owns an fg james, mite be small for his shocks don't you think? :p

Hmmm,might be right mate .I didnt think of that.
I copied and pasted it from a Baja forum.I've seen these on and they are VERY tight,might just work.
J

It will only crimp up due to the heat shrink not giving when shrunk to the shock springs. Unshrunk they would be too rigid. I would say no.

I know of two ways. One is buying some stretchy nylon type fabric and sewing up some for yourself. I have done it with somewhat good results.

DSC01328.jpg
DSC01329.jpg

Buying a set is another way and is easier and they are a bit nicer. I have those now.;)

DSC03216.jpg
DSC02634.jpg

WOW I like those you made Bigger! They look sharp!

I found tire innertube today that is 1-1 1/8 in. It was a couple of buck so I thought what the heck.

I started to tear the truck apart today and more than likely finish tearing in apart next week while I am not in school.

Started order the upgrades and maybe a couple of "bling" things. I have a budget by you never know:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks