DBXL 2.0 Shock Fluid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys,

i need to sort out the shocks on my DBXL 2.0.

Ive already replaced the stock springs with the DDM Black springs all round, but no difference really. I think the shocks are only half full (at best) of fluid as i can hear the squishing sound quite loudly when compressing the shocks. Ive not yet taken them apart but i know at very least they are going to need fluid.

When I press down on the rear there is pretty much zero rebound!? The shocks themselves show signs of no leaks etc so I'm thinking its simply because the factory did a very poor job of filling them up!?

So what's best combo here, Are the DDM black springs good enough (they claim that they give 20% stiffer performance over the stock) & what shock oil is best? would 50wt shock oil all round be a good choice?

Any info much appreciated! ty :)

If you want more rebound you need to change your springs or preload your stock springs all the way down.

Ddm springs don't do a damn thing. They are basically same as stock.

Honestly the best thing to do is get a set of 5ive-t 2.0 shocks. They'll bolt right up as long as you use the little plastic bushings found in the LOSB2855 kit for the top mounts. I don't think there's way to buy them separately unfortunately.
However if you have a set of numbered drill bits and you really wanna use the factory shocks I would try drilling one or two extra holes in the pistons smaller than the factory holes and then using a heavier oil (I think factory is 40wt?). Do keep in mind this also going to make the shocks softer on compression as well. It's just something you'll have to play with and fine tune really.

Personally my dbxl has 5ive 2.0 shocks with the factory 8lbs springs in the front and DDM 11lbs springs in the rear and I'm pretty happy with it

Honestly the best thing to do is get a set of 5ive-t 2.0 shocks. They'll bolt right up as long as you use the little plastic bushings found in the LOSB2855 kit for the top mounts. I don't think there's way to buy them separately unfortunately.
However if you have a set of numbered drill bits and you really wanna use the factory shocks I would try drilling one or two extra holes in the pistons smaller than the factory holes and then using a heavier oil (I think factory is 40wt?). Do keep in mind this also going to make the shocks softer on compression as well. It's just something you'll have to play with and fine tune really.

Personally my dbxl has 5ive 2.0 shocks with the factory 8lbs springs in the front and DDM 11lbs springs in the rear and I'm pretty happy with it

cheers guys,

thanks buddy! yeh been thining of getting the 5 shocks, will prob get some in future but for now these will have to do so will have a tinjer at what you suggest :)

yeh those springs don't seem to do anything to be honest!
would these be a good choice also ? https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/innovative-rc-irc-losi-5t-2-0-front-big-bore-shocks

I've never used the innovate shocks so I can't speak for them. But others have and they seem to be good quality. I'd probably only get them if they're cheaper than a set of five shocks though.

Get irc shocks for a 5ive t. They come out cheaper then factory 5ive t shocks most times. Irc used to and may still make shocks specifically for the dbxl. Very good quality shocks. I played the ebay game and got 5ive t shocks one at a time and barely came out cheaper then a new set of irc shocks. The conversion needs front shocks all around. I did a decent write up and there was another guy I got the idea from that did a very nice write up for a 1.0 version. Supposedly the 2.0 is easier to convert.

Get irc shocks for a 5ive t. They come out cheaper then factory 5ive t shocks most times. Irc used to and may still make shocks specifically for the dbxl. Very good quality shocks. I played the ebay game and got 5ive t shocks one at a time and barely came out cheaper then a new set of irc shocks. The conversion needs front shocks all around. I did a decent write up and there was another guy I got the idea from that did a very nice write up for a 1.0 version. Supposedly the 2.0 is easier to convert.
great info thanks buddy i shall look into IRC ones ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks