Shock Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t2boats

hi folks,

the front shocks on my baja compared to the rears are rock hard. even from new when the front end is pressed down it's always very slow when coming back up again, nothing's too tight either, and the rear is nice n fluid. do some of you add different oils, and if so, which ones? (i haven't got a clue what viscosity's are in mine...) do you set it up to have the front end the same as the rear or have a quicker damping effect?

thanks in advance! ;)

if your running sq standard shocks 15w all round is about right, use motorcycle fork oil a one litre bottle of good quality fork oil is about £8, hpi shock oil is a total ripoff a tiny bottle will set you back £4 and it will just about fill 4 shocks.

How did you make out? I'm curious what you find. I ordered a bunch of different oils a while back, curious what you end up with.

How did you make out? I'm curious what you find. I ordered a bunch of different oils a while back, curious what you end up with.

Hi lins,
I haven't had chance to look at it yet, still away at sea until tuesday, I'll take em apart when I get home and see. I'm just after the front to go a little softer, the rears are nicely set up in stock form. I'll let u know!
Ta bud

I just picked up a KM 30.5cc 2-speed I think it is the 2.0 version. The shocks seem to be low on damping both on compression and rebound. Has anyone adjusted oil or pistons for one of these so i don't have to mess around a lot with different combinations? I like resistance when I compress and a little slower reaction when they are extending.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks