Shocking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

Ha Ha... Gotcha!

Well anyway I just got off the phone with VS modelsports (where I bought both of my trucks) ...He told me the stock shock oil is 2000wt. So I asked him if fg rated their oils difrently than the mainstream r/c world, (I think there is a company that does that, schumacher maybe) With that thinking in mind, 2000wt. would actually be 200wt. But according to Austin from VS, 2000wt is truly 2000wt!

I told him I was going to try some 60wt in all 8, but he told me it would be way too thin! It would be like the shocks were filled with water!

I run 2000wt in the rear diff in my XLB and it is like dumping honey in it. Is the shock oil really that thick? Like egg yolks or snot?

If so, how big are the holes in the shock pistons? BB hole size? If they are that big can I CA one shut, so I can run a thinner oil?

I don't want to dump the stock oil, as I don't have any to replace it with, if the stock oil IS that thick, 60wt would be like filling it with pee!

I don't want to put pee in my shocks...

HELP :helpsmilie:

Trip..

take the top cap off of one, and just touch your finger to the oil. if its 2000w oil it should cling to your finger and left up a bit when you move your finger away. not sure. in the bajas i m running Bel Rey 20w Fork oil, and for the onroads im usding 90w silicone atm. all the way around.

You can replace the oil in the 8 with 60wt and will see one hell of a better truck! It will lean which it will not stock.
I run 50 front 60 rear and love the performance over the egg yoke you will remove from the shocks.
You can experiment with it and not make a dent in the wallet. You will only need one 2oz bottle for the front and one for the rear. will cost a whopping 3-4$ a bottle.

Do it!!!!

Attachments

• DSC03213.jpg
    DSC03213.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 24
You can replace the oil in the 8 with 60wt and will see one hell of a better truck! It will lean which it will not stock.
I run 50 front 60 rear and love the performance over the egg yoke you will remove from the shocks.
You can experiment with it and not make a dent in the wallet. You will only need one 2oz bottle for the front and one for the rear. will cost a whopping 3-4$ a bottle.

Do it!!!!

i am using the same set-up , except i drill my shock piston cap thingy<== " lol "
out a few thousands larger and i find it too be a smoother ride now

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks