shreadstack...2 gaskets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amp3d

Hey guys,
Just picked up a shreadstack and noticed it came with 2 gaskets, one has 4 holes and one has 2 holes.

The 2-hole one speaks for itself, but I must be missing something because I'm not 100% sure where the 4-hole one comes in?

Thanks!

af50x.jpg

i have the inclined version. and yes the one with the 2 small holes extra in it lines up with venting holes on carb and iso block.

on mine tho i have a boost industries metal tall iso block and have to use 2 teflon gaskets between the block and engine, and block and carb. therefore i didnt use the paper gasket with 2 vent holes, the teflon gasket that came with iso block had it, but only 1 hole, had to put in the other myself. and also block to engine teflon gasket had to walk a hole in the gasket to match up the engine, to block itself. in other words, the holes didnt match as they were, the old paper one had a slotted hole that matched up to both block and engine, all i did was duplicate that slotted hole to match the old gasket slotted hole.

one thing to note, after you get the stack installed you will definately have to readjust needles, the stack lets more airflow in, and my extended taller iso block, and i had to reset the idle low speed, and high speed needles

Last edited:
The gasket with 4 holes goes to the front of the carb, you should see 2 vent holes on the front of the carb, line up the gasket with these holes and you should be good to go

hmmm...

Still not 100% on this. The reason I ask is because I would like to stick it on my KM asap, however I have already ordered a 990 carb as an upgrade so when that arrives I will want to transfer the stack over to the new carb, thus I'd probably need another set of gaskets...

I can buy the 2-hole gaskets anywhere, but I can't seem to find the 4-hole on anywhere. Perhaps I will just wait to put this on the new carb...but that still leaves me confused as to why there is 2 gaskets.

I haven't had the carb apart yet, so I'll rip it off tonight see if it makes more sense to me...

well as sittin there stock you should have really 3 gaskets on there, one where filter flange and carb, then one between carb and iso block, then one between iso block and engine

if theres only 2, which would be carb to iso block and iso block to engine, when you put on the shredstack, one gasket goes back between carb and iso block, and the other will go between stack and carb

i think the 4 hole gasket is used for application where you use a aftermarket iso block, one that prolly is just like original only netal or different composite material. if your really careful not to let the carb and iso block move and possibly tear the other gaskets, just use the 2 hole gasket that matches the new stack between it and carb. its very difficult tho to keep the carb from moving tho, when i took mine off the iso block stayed stuck good in place but carb fell right off.

but since i upgraded my iso block i had the 2 new teflon gaskets to go back in theyre place, and only used the 2 hole gasket behind the stack

i think the 4 hole gasket is used for application where you use a aftermarket iso block, one that prolly is just like original only netal or different composite material. if your really careful not to let the carb and iso block move and possibly tear the other gaskets, just use the 2 hole gasket that matches the new stack between it and carb. its very difficult tho to keep the carb from moving tho, when i took mine off the iso block stayed stuck good in place but carb fell right off.

but since i upgraded my iso block i had the 2 new teflon gaskets to go back in theyre place, and only used the 2 hole gasket behind the stack

this makes sense now! thanks!! :) so the bolts that came with the stack go right through the carb to the other side. gotcha!

yah the new stack bolts replace the old ones cuz theyre longer, to make up for the stack being thicker than old stock base. they do run thru the stack/carb/iso-block/into engine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks