Silicone in FG MT differential upgrade Article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctrucker

I sure want to protect the upgraded diff housing from damage, from the article below

https://www.largescaleforums.com/fg-modellsport-monster-truck/fg-mt-differential-upgrade

Anybody here used silicone at step #9 and #10? From looking at the photos, wouldn't the silicone once become permanent keep the diff from spinning? The silicone can either get stuck into both the chassis and the diff or come off from the chassis and the diff. I can't imagine how this works.

Please help.
Thanks.

Grease will do the trick for you:

Reinstall the differential and put some petroleum jelly or grease on the new sleeve – This will allow you to install the silicone in the next step without it sticking to the sleeve.

I sure want to protect the upgraded diff housing from damage, from the article below

https://www.largescaleforums.com/fg-modellsport-monster-truck/fg-mt-differential-upgrade

Anybody here used silicone at step #9 and #10? From looking at the photos, wouldn't the silicone once become permanent keep the diff from spinning? The silicone can either get stuck into both the chassis and the diff or come off from the chassis and the diff. I can't imagine how this works.

Please help.
Thanks.

#8 - Reinstall the differential and put some petroleum jelly or grease on the new sleeve – This will allow you to install the silicone in the next step without it sticking to the sleeve.

Correct - You need to use Vaseline or grease and let it setup overnight or 2. Been using this set up on my rides for years with no problems.:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks