Single speed or 2 speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rez

I am debating on modifying my 2 speed to fit with the new 4x4 kit. What gearing comes stock on the single speed? I can't decide if I want single or 2 speed. I put the 28.5 ESP Championship ported head kit in it so I think even with a single speed it will be more then good enough. I think this truck will be really unstable at high speeds (2 speed). What are peoples opinions?

I didnt like it on my mt for the short period of time i had it on there, but i was 2wd. Its staying on my Marder which will have the 4wd upgrade very soon. But i'll be running on road only with it.

So I should stick with single speed? Which gearing do you think with the ESP Championship ported motor? 2 speed seems like it could be a pain. I am going to be running it in dusty dirty places so I am guessing the one way bearing wont last long. I ordered every gear combo out except the 22/42 tooth? combo. I am thinking about getting a killer bee kill switch but I will need a 4pk to use that if I am thinking right. One for steering, one for throttle and front brakes, one for rear brakes and another for the kill switch. So much more money yet...

Last edited:
I have a bunch of new gears on the way for single speed. I will mod the 2 speed and see if I want to go that route or stick with the single speed and just gear it differently. So many options it sucks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks