Sleeping Dogs ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

After the debacle of getting the F360 bodied 1/5 chassis powered by the G240RC going - see separate thread - I thought I'd take advantage of the family being safely deposed in Birmingham for a week, and opened the 'office' (so-called 3rd bedroom) window where it's stored, closed the door, and tried to get the Blue Thunder bodied FG MT going.
It's got a 2-bolt 28.5cc Trevor Simpson reed engine, so is no slouch, normally, but is typically more reluctanct than the F360 has been.

It must be 2-3 months since I last ran it.

It took some persistence, but again, eventually, NO PROBLEM.
Gently revved it, then RAGGED IT for a few seconds, then cut off.

Running well, without problem.
Escaped without croaking and kept the window open, door closed .... it'll be fine!!

Moral of the story is simple:
These 2-stroke engines are made for one thing only, running hard and fast, not stuck on shelves, or the floor in my case. :eek::(;):D;):(:eek:
Al.

Neighbour will be worried........chainsaw type noises coming from the spare room and no family in sight........I dare you to do it again then run outside with Ketchup on your shirt :lol::lol:

Good one that!!
Nobody opposite, and the 'linking semi-detached' is un-occupied, and no, not my fault!!
Basically, don't think anybody would notice, and to be honest, with 'modern mentality', I don't think anyone would care!!

Nearly started a rant .....
It was 19:00, so I couldn't take it outside, which would be a tad more obvious.
I'll have a go tomorrow evening when I get in from work, and really get it working. 17:40 is still reasonable, for 10 minutes or so.
Al.

Good one that!!
Nobody opposite, and the 'linking semi-detached' is un-occupied, and no, not my fault!!
Basically, don't think anybody would notice, and to be honest, with 'modern mentality', I don't think anyone would care!!

Nearly started a rant .....
It was 19:00, so I couldn't take it outside, which would be a tad more obvious.
I'll have a go tomorrow evening when I get in from work, and really get it working. 17:40 is still reasonable, for 10 minutes or so.
Al.

I would say up to 7pm is ok. Thats when the kids start going to bed.

I start either after 10:30, or when in summer, after the lawnmowers start - some actually start from 08:30 ... !!!

Winter I stop before dark.
Summer, when 'weekend chaos' calms, normally after 18:30 as you say.

Generally, sounds daft with these monsters, but I try to 'blend and go with the flow'.
Al.

Got home before 18:00, sun shining, ground dry, Easterly (cold!!) wind and got the FG MT out for a blast.

Simple 5-10 minutes was enough - fired near-enough first pull and ran like a train - huge power!!

Great fun these things, but big and heavy, so respect is required.
Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks