sluggish of idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airtimegrafix

well I got it! had an issue with pull start but it was just the screw came loose! ran it it about 30 I'm to get it figured out..ran good but it was sluggish of idle. it took about 2 seconds to get on the pipe! its a stock hpi 5t with a after market pipe. ill post picks asap, are there any tips or mods to help with this ,or is this the way stock ones are? thanks for any info!!

Good Morning

Umm considering your lengthy detailed description you posted , Im guessing you did not read or follow any of the break in procedures or read the manual for that matter.
Did you sit down and go over the entire truck checking and tightening nutts and bolts?IMG_4609.JPG

well see I bought it used! so the break in procedure is not a concerning issue! nor is the fact I don't have manual for it! and once again its used! and as for the tightening of every bolt no! "I bought it used" and only ran it for 30 min just to play with it before "I do break it completely down and rebuild". I'm just asking about a problem that I see that I'm gona need to look at, or buy something that will fix the problem!ill post some pics of it today. maybe I might have the wrong pipe for that size carb/motor! I do not have any idea at this point! its my 1st 1/5 scale. ive been into 1/10 electric since the Tamiya hornet came out. once again ill post pics of it and a vid of it running today!

Cool

I think it can be resolved.
Maybe try to find out what carb is on the motor and reset it to factory settings.
The carb could have build up inside of it if it sat for a extended period without any kind of fuel stabilizer.
The fuel in the United States has ethanol in it and from what I understand the ethanol attracts water. Not good for gas motors that sit for extended periods.

Prob would not hurt to pull the carb and get you some EYE protection and some rubber gloves and open up the carb and take some B12 carb cleaner and put the carb cleaner needle into all of the little openings on the carb and make sure you can blow them out. Also you can take a little wire brush bristlel and use it to stick into the tiny openings to push out any build up.

May or may not need new carb gaskets when putting back together.
Make sure your air cleaner is clean with a bit of oil on it afterwards.

Check that the fuel lines are all open and clean, you can use fresh mixed fuel to clean parts, also check your fuel filter.

Pull the plug and just take some sand paper and gently clean in between the electrode where the spark ignites.

Not sure what your muffler style is but if its a box style muffler it could have a lot of excess fuel build up inside. Possible carb clear again to break that up and pour out.

Get you a little plastic oil pan to do this cleaning in. Helps keep your work space a lot cleaner.

Good Luch

welcome to the 1/5 scale world, first and formost you need more details such as is the motor stock? What pipe did you put on? secondly I would download the manual and set the carb back to factory settings and try from their. Also what gas/oil mix are you running?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks