Smokey 26cc engine.. what gives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my son a baja buggy for xmas and since then it runs great with really good speed the problem is that it smokes alot specially in idle. You guys have any idea what could be the issue? I have a king motor terminator and me and my son share the same fuel mix but my terminator don
t smoke and his does so i know it's not the fuel and oil mix.

Once its broken in and tuned properly the smoke should dissipate
Also you may have over oiled the air filter this can cause excessive smoke

Make sure you mix at 25:1 and use a good quality oil

Troy

Atom thanks for the reply, I will check the meddle settings tonight just to make shure they are in the proper position.

Outtaluck- I never though of checking the filter as it was new and I never oiled it, but it is a key point which needs a check up. The oil and gas are being mix at the specs needed witch is 25:1. I will check this points and respond with my findings. Thanks Guys for the tips.

I bought my son a baja buggy for xmas and since then it runs great with really good speed the problem is that it smokes alot specially in idle. You guys have any idea what could be the issue? I have a king motor terminator and me and my son share the same fuel mix but my terminator don
t smoke and his does so i know it's not the fuel and oil mix.
Check the ring gap also, if the gap more than 1/64", replace it.

If you use a mixing bottle they are not that accurate due to swelling over time. Maybe more oil in the mix than you think if doing it this way?? Measuring jug or large syringe is best way to go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks