smokin deal on a FG monster truck RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i watched one of these brand new RTR FGMT sell for $750.....someone got a good deal:)

Funny thing is.... I thought there was a set selling/advertising price for web prices set by the main importer of FG to the USA

I was cut off....kicked out of the FG club years ago for underpricing on the web...in store they have no control of what you sell it for ...but on the web its different.....alot of competition

Dang 30-35% markups:helpsmilie:

Last edited:
There is a MAP price. It is not fair that you are selling to the public for hundreds cheaper than what you sell to your dealers. Overstock or not, if you are going to blow them out, you should at least offer a discount to your dealers first.

There is a MAP price. It is not fair that you are selling to the public for hundreds cheaper than what you sell to your dealers. Overstock or not, if you are going to blow them out, you should at least offer a discount to your dealers first.

See the profit margin guys......They have a nice markup on these

DDM is selling for less than what they charge his FG dealers....so that tells us that DDM gets them for alot less than what they charge the dealers and then the dealers have their markups too ( they have to make a profit)

so we get soaked twice (double mark up) from 2 different sources before we buy the FG ...FGs leave the factory with a sticker price of $350-400 then the importers and dealers slap on the markups.... we as comsumers get soaked

Last edited:
Hellya,

Just because DDM is selling for less than what they charge to dealers does not necessarily mean they are getting them for hundreds cheaper. Is it possible they are selling below cost, yes.

I have sold a few items below cost to get rid of them, vehicles no. I never advertised them at the special below cost price but it does happen.

I am not commenting on how cheap DDM gets them because I do not know. I was commenting on the point that they are selling them below MAP guidelines that dealers are required to follow. It is the same as Great Planes and tower hobbies, they are one in the same

If i remember correctly, your relatives own a r/c manufacturing company in which you were selling the products and would sell to dealers at a small margin less that what you were selling them to retail customers. So I can say that you were doing the same based on your comment below.

See the profit margin guys......They have a nice markup on these

DDM is selling for less than what they charge his FG dealers....so that tells us that DDM gets them for alot less than what they charge the dealers and then the dealers have their markups too ( they have to make a profit)

so we get soaked twice (double mark up) from 2 different sources before we buy the FG ...FGs leave the factory with a sticker price of $350-400 then the importers and dealers slap on the markups.... we as comsumers get soaked

Last edited:
If i remember correctly, your relatives own a r/c manufacturing company in which you were selling the products and would sell to dealers at a small margin less that what you were selling them to retail customers. So I can say that you were doing the same based on your comment below.

I sold to everyone...not just dealers...

I gave everyone the same price from my website...the only time I sold my items for less was on ebay and my going out sale

I never made any deals or special prices for dealers... they paid my website prices

There is a MAP price. It is not fair that you are selling to the public for hundreds cheaper than what you sell to your dealers

You must get supplied from DDM to know this info :)

Overstock......is just a nice way to say... the economy sucks... FG sales are down.. Baja sales are up.... I need to sell my sitting inventory of 2008 FGs :) So off to ebay I go to make some deals

Its all good guys...we need lower prices anyway:celebrate:

Last edited:
I sold to everyone...not just dealers...

You must get supplied from DDM to know this info :)

The MAP pricing comes from all three distributors not just DDM.

Its all good guys...we need lower prices anyway:celebrate:

Just so you know, when distributors start selling less, more dealers decide not to sell the stuff, which results in less supply and less competition.

What happens when all the dealers can't keep up sales because the distributors are selling below dealer costs and stop selling FG stuff. You will only have the distributors to supply the customers. Since there will be no competition, what makes you think they will not raise the prices to make more profit? The customer loses either way.

I know for a fact that the distributors have already cut down on ordering from FG not only due to the economy but also from a lot of people not supporting the US Shops and ordering overseas.

If you want to discuss economics , start another thread instead of redirecting where this thread was going.

I know for a fact that the distributors have already cut down on ordering from FG not only due to the economy but also from a lot of people not supporting the US Shops and ordering overseas.

it used to be cheaper to order from Germany but current exchange makes it about equal with shipping.

I guess I would be kind of mad too if my supplier sold RTR FG MTs for $200-300 less than my website prices:white-flag:

hey hellya any leads on a mcd????:devil2:

If you don't mind ordering from Aussy $977 plus 115 ship....you add the engine and radio system

MCD 1/5th Proline Baja1000 ProTruck EVO2 Competition
Brand New in Box - For an Extra $185 Upgrade to EVO3

http://cgi.ebay.com/MCD-1-5th-Proli...8870902QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Last edited:
hellya, thanx for the info,thats a great deal,i just landed a deal on the same truck last nite on a local trade,again thanx for your reply,tony:sailor:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks