Smoking fg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here's the thing I took everything off my fg from the fuel tank back. To do some work on the motor mounts and take off my diff. risers and clean everywhere my compressor can't reach.Well everything went good and I put it all back together,but when I went to take her for a test run in front of my house and I turned on the choke to prime her for a few pulls when she fired up and died like norm.So I went to turn the choke off and as I was reaching for the pullstart a bunch of smoke started coming from my front hydro brake servo, so I turned off the power switch fast and when I tried to turn it back on there was no power at all.The wierd part is that I never even mess with any of the electrical aspect of the car the whole time I did any of the work to it.I checked to see if maybe some how a wire got pinched or something to that nature and everything is good.I checked my battery with a volt meter and it read that there was 6.44 volts ,but yet when I turn on the power I get nothing.I tried unplugging that servo that smoked to see if I could get power and still nothing. maybe one of you guys can send me in the right direction to start trouble shooting this problem!!!!! :huh:

It sounds like your receiver may have given up the ghost and taken the servo with it. I assume it's completely dead, tried a good servo in the different connections, do you have a spare receiver you could try?

I'm with the guys above. Sounds like murder suicide.
You should be able to get voltage from the servo feeds if the battery is hooked up. If not the RX went down. What brand servo puffed? What radio are you running?

The servo that went puff was a HITEC HS5955-TG.I was using an Airtronics super mini rx and the radio is a M11.To make a story short survey says MURDER SUICIDE!!! You guys are good.I was kinda hoping it was just my on/off switch but nope.THANKS for all your guys input.She is back up and running now, when I bought my Spektrum DX3.0 for my T-maxx it came with two servos and an extra rx so I just put the extra rx in my FG now I can run both with the same radio.Thanks again guys :party-time::celebrate:

Try sending in the servo to Hitec and explain that when you turned it on it puffed. See if they can replace the board and send it back. Worse thing will be they tell you it cost more then its worth and you say forget it. Best case they fix it and send it back for customer satisfaction.

Worth a shot. Sucks to loos both in a flash or I mean puff.:stick:

Try sending in the servo to Hitec and explain that when you turned it on it puffed. See if they can replace the board and send it back. Worse thing will be they tell you it cost more then its worth and you say forget it. Best case they fix it and send it back for customer satisfaction.

Worth a shot. Sucks to loos both in a flash or I mean puff.:stick:

Thats funny BTB we must thank alike cause it's already in the mail.I had one just stop working before and I did the same thing and they sent me a brand new one for free...so cross ur fingers for me! :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks