Snow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOC_Mackey84

not just any snow. but Illinois, Midwest below zero type snow. I understand Nitros are off limits in this type of weather. but how about these 2 strokes? is it safe? can I buy a block warmer? I really want to strap some snow tires on this thing and rippp it through the snow. if not... F@#$ I should have got the 1/6 scale brushless -__- cause Illinois is below 0 most of the year.

not just any snow. but Illinois, Midwest below zero type snow. I understand Nitros are off limits in this type of weather. but how about these 2 strokes? is it safe? can I buy a block warmer? I really want to strap some snow tires on this thing and rippp it through the snow. if not... F@#$ I should have got the 1/6 scale brushless -__- cause Illinois is below 0 most of the year.
Personally I wouldn't becuase the screws, bearing, ect will rust (as with any RC is you drive it in snow) if you don't tend to them emidately, now for the Engine, you would need a outwears mesh on the crankcase and the pull startto prevent snow from building up in the bottom of the case (were the ignition is). Oh and you'll need to somehow waterproof your air filter which you can by using a outerwears aswell. Don't buy the knock off outerwears as they suck, I learned that early on lol. Oh and I'm also in Illinois!!!

Personally I wouldn't becuase the screws, bearing, ect will rust (as with any RC is you drive it in snow) if you don't tend to them emidately, now for the Engine, you would need a outwears mesh on the crankcase and the pull startto prevent snow from building up in the bottom of the case (were the ignition is). Oh and you'll need to somehow waterproof your air filter which you can by using a outerwears aswell. Don't buy the knock off outerwears as they suck, I learned that early on lol. Oh and I'm also in Illinois!!!
haha I figured that. I guess i'll just stick to my electrics over the winter. are there any 1/5 scale race tracks in Illinois?

haha I figured that. I guess i'll just stick to my electrics over the winter. are there any 1/5 scale race tracks in Illinois?

Over the years ,that I had been on forums ,I had seen a lot of folks winterize their nitro rigs to run in the snow ,but haven't
seen too much gassers ,screws an whot-not will set up rust on all ,but can be combated with light oil such as WD-40 ,
dried out right after running ,an start the engine afterwards to re-heat an evaporate any moister!

Although ,metal items will form a surface rust just by moister in the air ,the rust can be cleaned up ,as far as the other stuff ,
ive seen people use tin foil to keep around the engine ,exhaust wrap ,but not so much about the air filter ,maybe some type
of plastic shield around it ,or find a good over all body that would help shield everything!
Moister or water gets in the engine ,after running in those conditions ,you restart the engine an heat it up will evaporate
the moister ,an you can put some after run oil in the block!

Other parts such as metal an plastics on an around the chassy will be prone to snap in those types of temps as the cold
will make the material more brittle ,so you have to be careful an not hit anything ,like a burried pole in the snow!

I hope this helps!...:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks