Something wrong V2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotelcalif

We went to the park today and Lenny just got his FG. He ran it carefully for about 1/2 tank breaking it in with no full throttle and no bashing and the motor died and has pretty much no compression. Proper fuel mix with 93 octane fuel. I know the Zenoah is a good motor but has anyone else had this problem?

If you have no compression I it might be the spark plug which is loose or that the engine sucked in dirt and scratched the cylinder. Also check the cylinder bolts so that they are tightened alright.

Plug is tight, checked cylinder bolts, don't think it would suck something in. It has a brand new air filter. Checked the carb bolts too, tight also.

It could also be that one side of the piston ring has got stuck inside the ring groove. This happened to one of my friends when we were bashing around a couple of months ago. The engine just died and he had almost no compression at all, just like you.

Remove the cylinder and check this before you send the engine back to Daves.

Last edited:
I agree. Take photos of what you are doing. contact DDM and tell them you are taking the head off to investigate. Then take the top off and check it out. May be simple or bad? Never heard of it happening.

Lenny,please keep me informed on your progress with DDM's.I am considering buying a mill from daves and want to know how he deals with his customers.
J.

Hi voo2doo, i've just been emailing Brad at DDM about my pipe as it developed a fracture at the mount, he said he would replace it straight away with a chrome version at no axtra charge , did have to pay shipping tho, but i am well pleased.:)

DDM to me, have great customer care....:)

Looking forward to my new pipe.....:)

We took the head off. It has a groove right at the ring gap. They say there is no warranty on these motors but are sending a top end kit for 1/2 price and no shipping. I just don't see that Lenny did anything wrong. Inside the cylinder almost looks like a plating or metal defect.

I have worked on about everything under the sun but one of these motors. Is there a trick to getting the cylinder on the piston. On real cars we use a ring compressor but what do you do for these?

Lenny,please keep me informed on your progress with DDM's.I am considering buying a mill from daves and want to know how he deals with his customers.
J.

DDM is a great company to buy from!! I bought a motor from them and I thought they sent me the wrong motor. He asked for pics, but I couldn't take any (I didn't have a camera, just my horrible webcam) they were willing to pay to have it shipped back plus send me a new motor, free of charge...

As it turned out, it was the correct motor, it just had a different colored spark plug cap.

They are trustworthy... Your safe!

We took the head off. It has a groove right at the ring gap. They say there is no warranty on these motors but are sending a top end kit for 1/2 price and no shipping. I just don't see that Lenny did anything wrong. Inside the cylinder almost looks like a plating or metal defect.

I have worked on about everything under the sun but one of these motors. Is there a trick to getting the cylinder on the piston. On real cars we use a ring compressor but what do you do for these?

Make sure you have the arrow pointing the exhaust port and the ring gap facing the intake port!!! Make sure the ring is fully seated in the ring groove and not sitting on the "Pin" The pin is there to stop the ring from turning on the piston and hitting a port...

All you can do is pinch the ring in as tight as you can and slide the piston and ring into the head... Take your time and use lots of lube! :lol:

Make sure the gaps in the wristpin circlips (the little retainer clips) are facing straight up or straight down!! If not, the clips will come loose and smoke your cyl...

A little patience and some lube and you'll be good to go!

(No that was not sexual in nature:lol:)

J.
Yes DDM is a top notch bunch. They have great service and are one of the fastest shippers out there.I break stuff on sunday and it is on my doorstep no later than thursday. I understand they can only do what Zenoah will do on any issue on a motor. I think Lenny is going to try to email Zenoah.

Make sure you have the arrow pointing the exhaust port and the ring gap facing the intake port!!! Make sure the ring is fully seated in the ring groove and not sitting on the "Pin" The pin is there to stop the ring from turning on the piston and hitting a port...

All you can do is pinch the ring in as tight as you can and slide the piston and ring into the head... Take your time and use lots of lube! :lol:

Make sure the gaps in the wristpin circlips (the little retainer clips) are facing straight up or straight down!! If not, the clips will come loose and smoke your cyl...

A little patience and some lube and you'll be good to go!

(No that was not sexual in nature:lol:)

Yes DDM is a top notch bunch. They have great service and are one of the fastest shippers out there.I break stuff on sunday and it is on my doorstep no later than thursday. I understand they can only do what Zenoah will do on any issue on a motor. I think Lenny is going to try to email Zenoah.

i will try and find a e-mail address for them if anyone has it,post it .and yes trip that does sound kinky

Last edited:
Hi voo2doo, i've just been emailing Brad at DDM about my pipe as it developed a fracture at the mount, he said he would replace it straight away with a chrome version at no axtra charge , did have to pay shipping tho, but i am well pleased.:)

DDM to me, have great customer care....:)

Looking forward to my new pipe.....:)

I bought a Samba pipe for my MT and that too cracked at the base and I heard bugger all from them(Samba)
J.
Cost me £140 not cheap 4 years ago.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks