SOS!!!! Slipping out of gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHR

Hi guys, got a serious problem! When I pull away the revs suddenly shoot up and the car stops. The gears keep on spinning in the "drive" direction, when they stop there is a 'gear engagement' then you pull away and the same happens.

Got Zen 26 and GTB 2 speed, and I have

1) Checked the clutches,
2)Took out the diff - no evidence of any damage to any of the gears. Does have plastic diff cover.

If I can venture a guess, somehow the diff is dis-engaging.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

+1 sharkey

Check the 1 way bearing obviously it should turn oneway, if at fault replace with a better quality 1 way bearing

It does that before second gear is engaged.
The shaft and all the gears spin in the drive direction.

I will turn the one way bearing around tonight and see what happens.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Did change the one way bearing around and had to change it back again. The only thing that I picked up was that I forgot to put the washer in that goes between the first and second gear!! Put it together and she runs ok. It does not make sense to me, but yes - that is the way these things go. Thanks again for all your help, this is the best FORUM EVER!!!!!

I agree that the issue is the one way bearing. Mine has gone to crap. It slips most of the time. 2 days ago I couldn't run it 10 feet without it slipping. Last night I ran it up and down my street a couple times and it only slipped once for just a few seconds. It seems to be effected by temperature or humidity or both. I'm replacing it anyway.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks