Spark plug color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overruled45

I know there is a spark plug color chart and I've looked at it and done what I'm supposed to do but my plug is a dark grey on my 29cc rovan baja. What does that mean? Ive read that if the plug is light grey that means to lean but like I said mine is dark grey and with what I've heard about how fast you can seize an engine I don't want to go anymore lean. The car seems like it is running really well but I am new and want to make sure I learn this properly. So can anyone tell me what dark great plug is? Rich or lean?

Thanks!

don't over think it.

- semi-synthetic oil, or synthetic (I use Lucas Oil semi)
-25:1 (don't fall into its too much oil, etc)
- Needle settings like it should, and never less than 1 full turn on either L or H
(on mine the carbs settings are close to L: 1-1/2, H: 1-1/4)
- give it a rest in between tanks for the engine and diffs to cool off, never fill it up back to back
Well, you can get away with it a few times, but its pushing the tolerances of all the parts
- Have the mesh mod or outerwears underneath the flywheel
* always check in between tanks for clutch bell dragging, brakes binding, flywheel rubbing against ignition coil when it gets loose, (remove plug and crank the pull starter, should be nice and smooth with a good pop on every cycle)

Gotcha. I'm using castor 927 oil with 25:1. So basically if it's running good just make sure to maintain it and enjoy? Cause the car is extremely smooth when accelerating and fast and if I go leaner or richer it doesn't perform as well.

Yeah thats basically the deal. Its true one can have some days of glory goin all out and f it... and give it a good bash. Just keep an eye on certain things every now and then. It does pay off before its too late and parts start breaking.

I check at least once a month the cylinder head bolts, the long carb bolts that screwed into the intake side, exhaust bolts.

On my rigs, they are not the fastest, but after some headaches and lessons learned, would say its reliable.

* I opened the bottom of both servos and gave them a few coatings of clear nail polish and before closing them, put a line around the edges and once closed outside of it. Every little bit to protect those servos.

A habit I done so far, I carry around a can of WD40 or any type other brand lubricant. In between runs I give it a quick spray to the diff cups, bearings located in the hub carriers, dog bone ends. Along the way a old tooth brush, scrub off any dirt/dust, refill the tank and out again for another spin.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks