Spaz stix body shell paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

Has anyone used spaz stix body shell paint, is it any good
Don't want mirror chrome, or colour changing paint, was going to use light orange metallic for the main colour, just a bit of black and white to break up the orange
How many spray cans would I need to paint the shell of a 1/5 short course truck body, the main colour light orange metallic, probably have to do 5 or six coats, the official spaz stix web site says, white, black or silver for a backing colour, I was thinking of using metallic silver for a backer, might give it a more metallic finish,

I've used it several times. Last was candy apple red, silver backer, then white and black as the final backer color. I didn't use spray bombs as I have an air brush. It takes more coats then you think. I used 3 bottles of the candy apple red, one and a half bottles of the silver metallic, half a bottle of white, and a full bottle of the black backer. Light coats are key with the color and silver metallic backer.

20210222_201402.jpg

20210222_201345.jpg

Thanks Bud, the finish on your truck looks really good 👍
Your truck looks like a 1/8 , I'll be painting a 1/5 scale short course truck body, so looks like I'll need at least 6 spray cans for the main colour, light coats are the way to go, specially with metallic,or your metallic sinks to the bottom of the coat, & looks like crap,

Your truck looks like a 1/8 , I'll be painting a 1/5 scale short course truck body, so looks like I'll need at least 6 spray cans for the main colour, light coats are the way to go, specially with metallic,or your metallic sinks to the bottom of the coat, & looks like crap,
Yeah, it's a savage xl, so bit bigger then a normal sized 1/8. I was very happy with how it turned out. Pretty much nailed that classic candy apple red metallic look.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks