spectrum dx 3.0 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a spectrum dx 3.0 that's experiencing cut out issues loosing all power to throttle and steering. This issue started today even when trucks right in front of me.Searching the forum i see there were others who experienced this issue, so know i am considering a new radio not shore what to go with since i have always used spectrum. What radio do you guys recommend? Would like to stay under 250.00 U.S.

It was a full charged battery i will try one of my other battery's see if same issue arise. I must admit after this happening i am afraid to drive my cars because i only have one so far thats fitted with a kill switch

my buddy tried using a dx3r on his losi last weekend...i have never seen a radio glitch so much in my life....car was undrivable, even though it has an analogue/digital feature it don't work worth a turd...
i ran dx3's in the past and had range issues and servo glitch when tx pack didn't have a totally full charge...in a word...rubbish..... for 1/5 imo

futaba, hitec, airtronics are all good choices. i'd use a stock hpi handset over a spektrum any day.

im currently waiting for my airtronics mt4 to show up. i did a long search for mid level radios and it all seems to be airtronics mt4 or futaba 4pl. both are great radios that are very reliable, and both 4 channel with all the typical features. the mt4 is a little more expensive because it has telemetry, something you wont really use in large scale. futaba receivers are cheaper than airtronics, something you may consider a bigger factor if you have a lot of models.

a radio system is a big purchase, and likely something your going to have for a long time. spend a bunch of time searching, see what you like and what radio you think fits your needs. i like to actually hold the radio before in my hands before deciding, if its got all the features but your not comfy with it, what the point? id also recommend searching for the radio you want and don't consider price to be a factor, but be realistic. your not going to need an airtronics m12 (top of the line $600 radio). then see if it fits into your budget. if you set your sights on a radio thats a bit out of budget, make the budget work to that radio. like i said, your gonna have it for years to come, don't compromise cause you want to save $50.

i ultimately chose the airtronics mt4. i run a lot of nitro still and i wanted the telemetry. as some think its a gimmick, id like the data to use with my 4 stroke car. that really ended up being the deciding factor, had i not wanted telemetry the real only other deciding factor would have been price, and in that case id be waiting for the futaba 4pl to show up at my door.

my buddy tried using a dx3r on his losi last weekend...i have never seen a radio glitch so much in my life....car was undrivable, even though it has an analogue/digital feature it don't work worth a turd...
i ran dx3's in the past and had range issues and servo glitch when tx pack didn't have a totally full charge...in a word...rubbish..... for 1/5 imo

futaba, hitec, airtronics are all good choices. i'd use a stock hpi handset over a spektrum any day.

I agree, but he might have had something causing excess interference, like a bad spark plug resistor. Whenever you have weird radio issues, change the spark plug, even if the engine is running good.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks