Spectrum dx3s radio any good ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds about right.
The market's changing certainly on a weekly basis and sometimes on a daily basis.
All I can suggest is do what I do, and spend an hour on 'Google' searching a few pages, then change the wording to catch a couple you might not have earlier - it's amazing what you can find sometimes!!

Al.

I'm new to cars but use Spectrum and JR 2.4 systems in RC planes and have been very satisfied wit them. I bought the DX3S for my MCD monster truck and have been using it about a week. It cost $249 plus 8% tax at my local hobby shop.
It included both a sport receiver and a the receiver with telemetry. Right now I'm only using the receiver battery voltage which is built into the system. This is a gas engine vehicle and I did not set up the temperature or RPM sensors. After I set the truck up and closed the radio box, I realized I should have put the temp probe on the receiver batter to monitor its temperature when charging it.

Ed

ive run a DX3S for a couple of years, its been used from nitro, to brushless and for the last 18+ months in largescale. never had a run away but one of my receivers of late has had range issue, massive delay in signal response.

I think if its a late model unit with DSM2 technology you cant go wrong, they have come down in price a fair bit which is always a plus.

i got one a while back after having trouble with my sanwa gemini 2 and glitching and range problems and i must say there worth every penny the first thing you will find is there so light its like half a handset it did take me some time getting used to wheel as ive mainly used stick sets but its worked out great and allmost like ive only used wheel sets

the telemitry is not realy any good for us and large scale cars but i gave it a go temp works sweet and batt works and are helpfull but couldnt get rpm sensor working how i wanted so i now don't bother using it

its menu setup is all easy to use and work out and the range is double what the sanwa was and as of yet not had a single bit of glitching or trouble well worth the cash go for it

I have it and it works well with a killer bee V1 killswitch (so long as you set it up right)

I have had range issues, but when I looked into it the Tx batteries had dropped off. Whilst the batts still had plenty of juice to run teh Tx without setting off teh low battery alarm, it wasn't enough to get good range. So just make sure your Tx batts are fresh and you will be fine.

I have teh temp probe on teh head of my car, usefull to spot if the it has got stuffed with grass and is over-heating, but not much use for anything else. I want to install the rpm sensor but never got around to it so far.

I have it and it works well with a killer bee V1 killswitch (so long as you set it up right)

I have had range issues, but when I looked into it the Tx batteries had dropped off. Whilst the batts still had plenty of juice to run teh Tx without setting off teh low battery alarm, it wasn't enough to get good range. So just make sure your Tx batts are fresh and you will be fine.

I have teh temp probe on teh head of my car, usefull to spot if the it has got stuffed with grass and is over-heating, but not much use for anything else. I want to install the rpm sensor but never got around to it so far.

Range issues mmm it don't sound good

Range issues mmm it don't sound good

if you look his range issues were from bad tx batts, this will happedn with ANY radio system not just a spektrum. my spektrum has been flawless for me and i have had just about every radio there is from airtronics, to jr, to futaba (crap), to spektrum (the best there is :D )

Spektrum

I have also had range issues if voltage hits 4.9 v. Get two sets of good rechargeables and rotate as needed. I can run a race day in two classes on one fresh set. Great radios. I left an airplane radio on the roof of my car once and was doing 50 miles an hour before I heard the klunk of it falling off. It has a little road rash but works fine.
They are only about 250.00 new.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks