Spektrum DX3E servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobermory

hi all,
just a quick queery. im just wondering if the servo that comes with the dx3e i belive its the s200 would fit my shengqi/firehammer mt. if it will is it a suitable servo to use for the throttle and brake.
also any feedback on the dx3e would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Toby:D

the servos that come with them are not real strong particularly for a large scale. I am guessing you are talking about throttle and brake. But you can try it and see. I personally like to have at least 200oz of torque for my throttle brake servo.

The S200 servo is pretty weak for largescale brakes.

also any feedback on the dx3e would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you asked. So here ya go.

I'd never buy a DX3E. Here's why:
Questionable receiver reliability with gassers
No LCD screen
Limited controls (I don't care if youre just a basher),
And worst of all: 1 model memory

For $115 you can get a Futaba 3PL thats reliable, has LCD screen, plenty of adjustment, and 10 model memory.

But don't fret over it. The DX3E will probably work fine for ya. I woulda just spent my $ on a different radio. Next time you'll know better.

Ignore the replies of anybody below me that disagrees. ;)

Last edited:
as said above the stock servo is not up to the job there ok in 1/10 scales,but look at the size and weight of your car then think of the speed it hits and youve got to try and stop it as quick and as safe as you can,ive had a runaway due to a servo not up to the job and belive me its not a nice place to be youve not only got the damage to youre car but whatever you hit aswell

i would just get a savox more than up to the job @20kg mine ran throttle front disc's and layshaft hydro and it would stop great i know its @£60 but in one go it will upgrade your stoping power by having @20kg @6v instead off probaly @3/4kg @6v there all metal gears std are plastic

i would also 100% get a kill switch if you haven't allready its the best investment mod on the market and personaly think should be made law the day mine ranaway if that had hit a child or adult it would have broken both legs nd more it hit a vaxhaul in the sill lifted the car up 4 inchs and left a mighty dent in the sill we had to lift the car up just to get my car out

thanks everyone for the replies.
yeah the main reason i was asking about the servo is that i was going to get a 2.4ghz radio anyway (due to the fact the last crash was caused by a glitch :mad: ) and i was just wondering if the servo that came with dx3e would work. it is evedent know that this is a ad idea and i should spend a bit of money on proper servo. i allready have a hs5745 for the stering servo and it made a HUGE difference!!
anyway just a quick question it might be a bit of a noobish move but where is the Arial on the Futaba 3pl??
Thanks
Toby

:eek:mg: i bet the guy with the vauxhall was happy lol.
i didnt realise that they could do that much damage .seriously thinking about getting a kill switch now!!!
Toby

it worked out ok i paid his insurance xs it got sorted,he was more worried about my marder and the fact i had just put a new carbon fibre body shell i got from ebay secondhand,it was mint and realy suited the marder it was my birthday/xmas pressie from my wife and little girl i begged and begged them to let me have it early and they did,ten mins later it was dead and the fg cost nearly 400 to rebuild had to get another shell aka the bug a new engine the oddified 23cc 4bolt it was a knightmare ten min run could all have been avoided for the sake of a kill switch

Last edited:
On my Nomadio React it does not have a visible antenna it is all inside the radio. I hope you are running a remote kill switch!!!!!!!! I will not run mine with out one!!!!!!!!!!!! A 25 to 35 pound large scale during a run away is a big liability not counting the damage to your RC vehicle.

hi guys,
about the killswitch i don't have one at the moment because im using the 5hitty standerd controler and reciever which is only 2 channel. :yuk:
on the subject of killswitches ive heard a few people recomending the killer bee killswitch is this about the best one or is there any within the same price bracket that would be better
Thanks
Toby

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks