Spektrum DX3S "blindspot"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameismud76

I've got the DX3S with the SR3300T receiver on my Nutech TBII. The range doesn't seem to be as good as when I had the same TX&RX in my old XTM Monster MT.

Now sometimes, the failsafe would kick in when it's quite far, but not quite far enough for it to be out of range. And have to walk (sometimes as close as 20 yards) away from the kit before the RX would pick signal again.

Does anyone have similar range/failsafe issues with their DX3S?

The aerial and all connections are all secure and sound. The receiver is packed in foam, and sits right against the battery in the RX&battery box.

When rebuild is done, I'm going to drop the SR300 receiver in and see how that goes.

not had an issue myself with the DX3S and SR3300t.

Where is the Rx antenna in your set up? if it is bundled up against the battery then it will be partialy shielded by their metal case. Main thing that affects the range is the height of the tip of the Rx antenna. Remember as well that it has to be as straight as possible, and you can not ever trim the antenna down as that will bugger up the frequency response.

Hey buddy,

Hows it going? Did you get a replacement pipe sorted?

Yup, the receiver and battery lives together, though I've padded out the RX in trimmed scourer pads. The antenna is not that long (not trimmed it at all), and is as straight as poss.

That must be whats happening, I might have to try to get another box and bolt it ontop of the current one. Raise the RX up higher, so its nearer to the top of the kit, and away from the battery.

We will have to go bashing soon buddy!

not fixed the pipe, but the stock one is back on. Just waiting for one of the guys at work to finish his TIG welding course :D

I'm up for a bash one evening in the week (fridays and weekends not good) if you want to name a place. Comparing our set-ups might help to figure out why you have a blind spot. I've also got a couple of small project boxes which I don't need and would make a good radio box.

Sounds good, cheers for the offer on boxes buddy. Defo have to compare notes.

My kit's in bits, awaiting bits to rebuild rear diff..knackered a pair of gears =(

Unfortunately I'm at work for the next couple of weeks solid..but soon buddy =)

yeah ive had no problems with my DX3S ever! But i have heard that some of the earlier built ones did have problems. is your DX3S a DSM2 unit, i believe all the DSM2 units had upgrades to stop this 'blind spot' problem.

my antenna doesn't stick out of the body and ive had my MT 200+ meters from me and still not even a glitch.

Have a feeling my DX3S is DSM1 and not 2.

Flicking through the manual, the only mention of DSM2 is when describing which receivers are DSM and DSM2.

I'm going to email UK Spektrum distributor to find out.

Do you know if I can get it upgraded without buying the DSM2 DX3S?

if its a DSM2 it will say it on the back of the radio, moulded into the plastic with a couple of other things either side, if u cant find it let me know and ill post up a pic tonight or tommorow.

Thanks for that link =)

Shame the upgrade is only offered to US.

I'm thinking about getting a FG RX box and bolt it on top of the current box..see if it makes any difference raising the height of the RX.

Cheers for help guys =)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks