Spektrum dx3s remote start button as kill switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhansen644

Reading the Rules!
Hi new to 1/5 here. Is there a way to use the remote start switch on the spektrum dx3s to active a kill switch instead?
Or what do you recomend to activate the kill switch using the dx3s?

most people use the 3rd channel, such that the channel must be 'high' to enable the engine to run. (hence loss of signal or power sends it low and kills the engine)

using the start button would not be truly fail-safe as you would press to kill, rather than release to kill

Edit - 30th June 2010
Scrub that, I've set mine up on the RS button and it IS failsafe. kills the engine if:

button pressed
Low Rx battery
Out of range / Tx turned off

Last edited:
The RS Port function allows the Remote Start feature
(available in the future on remote start compatible
vehicles) to be enabled on either the Bind port or
Auxiliary channel port of the SR3300T using the
Remote Start Button

so to me that says you can assign that to either the bind port or aux channel. nothing for adjustments in the manual, I just read it twice. I would first enable it to try and plug the kill switch into the bind port and see. that would be sweet if it work alone off that button, then you could put front brakes in aux and use mixing... you'd basically have a 4 ch radio... the only other problem I can see (or not because nothing in the manual) about reversing direction or function of the button. it might be just a momentary switch, so could either kill the motor when pressed, or allow you to start when pressed.... then you'd have to hold the button to drive

if it doesn't I would then assign it to aux so you can change direction etc.. I think it will work but it will take some experimenting

hey man heres what you do il tell you how to set it all up on your dx3s from top to bottum first your goin to need your bind plug, your kill switch and your radio and reciever

here it goes first lets set up ur kill switch on your radio:

1. plug ur kill switch into your recievers aux port (turn on radio not reciever)
2. click the black scroller on the back of your remote to get to the MENU
3. scroll to AUX Settings and press scroll button
4. set aux trim to 0 and mix to Disable
5. hold scroll button until menu closes.
6. turn on reciever and flick the aux switch up and then down on your transmitter. you will notice ur kill switch go on and then off. (if it does this your doing good so far now we will go to the next portion)

1. turn the switch on your remote so your kill switch is off and do not touch this after it is off
2. turn off reciver. unplug kill switch. plug the reciever battery in to aux. and put bind plug on bind/battery port.
3. turn reciever on
4. holld the scroll bar. scroll to bind and click *HOLD THE BRAKE DOWN* then scroll down on bind screen click BIND on the transmmitter well holding brake*.
5. now your transmitter should bind and your throttle servo should be in brake position. let go of brake and turn reciever off.
6 take out bind plug and put batter back in that port and then put kill switch back in aux.
7. turn on radio turn on reciever. now turn your kill switch on. now turn your transmitter off with receiver on and the kill switch light should be off, (*also the reason i got you to hold the brake down is when you turn your transmitter off your brake should lock in to*)

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the info. Still wondering if there is a way to use the remote start button as a kill switch due to it easyer to hit the button in an emergency. thanks

hey man heres what you do il tell you how to set it all up on your dx3s from top to bottum first your goin to need your bind plug, your kill switch and your radio and reciever

1. plug ur kill switch into your recievers aux port (turn on radio not reciever)
6. turn on reciever and flick the aux switch up and then down on your transmitter. you will notice ur kill switch go on and then off. (if it does this your doing good so far now we will go to the next portion)

1. turn the switch on your remote so your kill switch is off and do not touch this after it is off
2. turn off reciver. unplug kill switch. plug the reciever battery in to aux. and put bind plug on bind/battery port.
3. turn reciever on
4. holld the scroll bar. scroll to bind and click *HOLD THE BRAKE DOWN* then scroll down on bind screen click BIND on the transmmitter well holding brake*.
5. now your transmitter should bind and your throttle servo should be in brake position. let go of brake and turn reciever off.
6 take out bind plug and put batter back in that port and then put kill switch back in aux.
7. turn on radio turn on reciever. now turn your kill switch on. now turn your transmitter off with receiver on and the kill switch light should be off, (*also the reason i got you to hold the brake down is when you turn your transmitter off your brake should lock in to*)

Nice info, very detailed. I can use this when I get a kill switch.

One last question. If I am using my spektrum telemtry aux port on my reciver is there a way to still wire in a remote kill switch? thanks

SPMSR3300T-450.jpg

plug ur telemetry items into the proper ports. this is the proper reciever for telemetry.

if u have somthing plugged plug into ur aux port rate now get a y harness. killerrc.com sells them

3. turn reciever on

Just what I was after..cheers buddy =)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks