spektrum dx3s total rubbish, cant 3rd channel brake mix grrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new-fg-owner

:mad: god damn it omg i cant beleive it how stupid you cant do third channel brake mixing with this rubbish stupid thing spektrum load of rubbish. ive used a y splitter but all that happens is when i put on the throttle it puts on the front brakes total rubbish gonna have to re sell it now i cant beleive it im soooooooo annnoyed omg.

slow your self down breath in quick simple answer coming mate,go on ebay and search for a servo reverse lead plug that in to front brake servo jobs a good un ava cupa t

haay man thannnnks thats totally awesom youve saved me from having one of those frustrated im so stupid for not doubl double checking it had brake mixing. so when i plug that in it'll reverse the servo will it still go both ways? i read they do just now as long as that doesn't wear down the servo quicker but im still going to order one. thanks man your awesom

oh ya and is that a y one or don't i need that? because i have to use the throttle port on the receiver because as you know im sure the aux on the spek is only for steering so silly i think. so ya where would i plug that one in on the link

mines fitted on a y lead from the thr channel on rx, the aux channels good for kill switch,,,so you need a y lead and the servo reverser

Last edited:
hey dude ok i think i get what you mean it takes me ages to unconfuse myself lol. so whats the difference inthe one you sent the link for and this one

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/85127/

ive got spare y lead just thinking what will use up less space. are you still running the dx3s i wish id waited now and got a dx3r lol

yeah that will work as you want and without spare wires everywhere,but if you allready got a y lead than why not just get the cheaper one and tidy exess wires with small cable ties

im still using the dx3s i like it tons of features and settings plus i use it for both cars as mine came with 2 reciviers one sport and one telemitry i find the range is much better using the sport rx but both serve me well

so if i get the cheaper one plug the servo y lead into it and then both servos that will reverse the front brake. how does it reverse the front brakes and not the throttle lol ah sorry dude i get so confused. im going past a model shop saturday that sells the one thats slightly more so i might pick one up there so i can use it straight away. hmm i shoulld have just bougth another reciever for my futaba 3pm, i was like oo telemetry lol

You'd think a $250 radio would have channel mixing. :mad:

With the Futaba 4PL ($225) you get 4 channels plus channel mixing, and I think you can adjust the direction, speed, and travel independently. You can't do that with a servo reverser adapter do-dad.

haay oh ya thats a very very good point and thats such an important thing and point in having 2.4ghz, starting to feel like the spektrums a pile of hmm hmm again really annoyes me how a radio system this new and of that price as you say doesn't have brake mixing its just redicilous. i should try and sell it again now somehow really

just a quick one again so if i use the servo reverser can i change the speed, direction etc on the main throttle channel or nothing at all on either of the servos im using? im going to actually email spektrum and tell them how stupid this handset is and how rediculous it is that there is only steering mixing its just ahh

hey ren oh really so i could still adjust the travel on both servos? would i be able to adjust the other things on the throttle servo like speed and exponetial n stuff. i just asked the guy i got it from second hand if i can return it. if so ill send back its a nice radio but bit flawed. if i cant il have to make best of it i can.

put it this way i can adjust everything i need to on both cars only hitch ive had is the servo reverse for front brakes but thats fine now im well happy with my dx3s its light full of features and feels nice to use

ill have a go at buying that servo reverse thing like you suggested ren was a very good sugestion and i really am greatful without you suggesting it id really be stuck. if he does accept the return think ill splash out and get the dx3s pro or futaba 4pl. the one i got came with both rx's also i mean its super fast when i connected it up so i was excited just wait and see now.

it gives me hope though that youve got it working so well renbar i noticed voodoo has one also and he seems happy i think.

I have a dx3s and has same issue, you can mirror the brake on the aux channel but can not reverse it.

I got lucky and found that savox and hitec servos are reverse to each other, so I can run both off the same y lead without a reverse.

I have the DX3R and I've had to really play around with the settings to get it just right. I use my 3rd channel for my front airbrakes. When I brake both servos move in the proper direction and when I give it gas only my throttle/brake servo moves and not the other one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks