Spektrum dx4s avc and telemetry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortex666

Does anybody uses or have used any of these things?ive got a baja 5t and still use my stock tx an rx,feel like its time to move on,so i was looking at this dx4s with the telemetry thing and the avc..but does the avc works on a baja as well?any thoughts on the telemetry?thanks

The telemetry is a joke and to be truthful I have not drove the AVC
But I've watched videos of it working so for me it's a gimmick to sell new stuff
But I will say this if you have the extra cash get the 4pro it's that much better than the 4s

The telemetry is a joke and to be truthful I have not drove the AVC
But I've watched videos of it working so for me it's a gimmick to sell new stuff
But I will say this if you have the extra cash get the 4pro it's that much better than the 4s

What about range,do you have any issues?

Not at all but I only use the 3r pros and 4 R pro I've heard stories about problems but I have never had any
I think it a combination of things that may make it look like a range problem but most IV heard of involve a kill switch and new users that were having problems so that's my 2 cents worth

We used one for a while my son liked them but that was before spread Specturm was out
Telemetry is not very accurate and its slow to like temp on a motor it's 40 degrees off and slow to show temp
And RPM is not motor it's drive line
And voltage is just of battery
It won't tell you when it's low before hand or when to charge battery
And the most important thing with telemetry is how do you look at it while you're driving
Remember I'm a long time RC racer 20+ years and I've tried all this stuff before this is My opinion
If you like it get it maybe you will love it

Last edited:
Well,im just confused as I've asked pple on facebook pages and some say its awsome,and avc is cool,most don't use telemetry..then there are others that say its crap,range issues,futaba is much better (but much more expensive)
What makes me want the spektrum is that is the only one that has AVC..and looking at videos it seems to work good..

Yes it works but how good is up to you
I won't tell you it's great because for me it not
Will I tell you not to buy it no
You just got a honest opinion
You have to remember it might be a 10 year old saying it's great with his first RC car
Futaba it very good we ran it before we went to Specturm
So the choice is up to you

Last edited:
A little late, but I'll chime in. Second attempt thanks to freaking tapatalk.
I have two of the AVC receivers, and I was probably in the same boat as Nitrocat. I first tried one in a 1/10 4wd short course, and I felt like I wasn't really driving the car! If you've been driving for a while, it feels like it's actually fighting you. If you start to slide out the rear on a turn, your instinct is to counter steer and manage throttle, all fine and good until you add the AVC and its trying to do that for you. You end up with too much counter steer and too little throttle. I ran two packs through the car, playing with the steering and throttle gains until I realized that I was pretty much turning it off! I finally started trying to balance the gains against the priority, or essentially the override. With about an hour of tweaking/getting used to it/learning to drive again, I actually started to smile. I originally got the AVC to see if it could live up to the claim to tame wheel spin and spinning out. Something I struggle with being normally a heavy throttled 1/5 scaler. The throttle response in these HV brushless electrics was always a huge adjustment period for me coming off of "1/5 scale weather".
I will say, if you're willing to put in the time with an electric and the AVC, it's almost like cheating when you get it dialed in. I adjusted myself to the AVC, and now I really like it. It really makes a huge difference in my small home track, lap times are coming down by several seconds.
As for AVC in a gas 1/5 scale...I of course had to try it in my Losi 5ive. To make it short and sweet, if you're just looking for something to help the car's tracking over rough terrain then this is awesome. The throttle management is lost on a gas engine IMO. I have a rather torqued up engine and still felt like it was just helping to slow me down. Running out across a field, or lining up a jump is near effortless though. Just make sure you're running a digital servo, the AVC will over drive an analog.
If you do end up running it, let us know what you think. If you want any input from me after trying nearly every "tuning" combination there is on the AVC, feel free to shoot me a message.

I don't know about the Futaba but I just picked up a dx4s and it doesn't work with analog servos. Makes them twitch out uncontrollably. I guess that's why you get 2 receivers with the transmitter because the other one runs fine with the analog.

I don't know about the Futaba but I just picked up a dx4s and it doesn't work with analog servos. Makes them twitch out uncontrollably. I guess that's why you get 2 receivers with the transmitter because the other one runs fine with the analog.

Just turn down the Frame rate 5.5 is digital 11 is for analog

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks