Spektrum Dx6 Antenna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattc

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just wanted to let people know about a quick fix for a broken spektrum antenna.
My two year old kindly threw my tx out of the boot Sunday and bust the Antenna off at the base.
I had a ring around for a new one and give up as I was getting bored and will sort it out soon, then I thought I would have a go at repairing it.
I remember the days of 27mhz and was worried about the length of the wire, but still gave it a go.
All I did was strip the coaxial type wire back and solder a two small pieces between the two broken parts and covered in heat shrink.
It seams to have done the job and did a distance check of around 200mtrs with out any problems.
I know the aerials are only around a fiver, but if you have my limited patience sometimes a quick fix to keep the wheels turning is good.
Cheers Matt.

Thanks for the tip Matt.

I've broken those antennas before and just ordered the new part, but next time (and i know there will be a next time..LOL) I will use your tip..

200 meters range check is a nice healthy distance!

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks