Spektrum rx woes solved!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroTheHero

So I just finally fixed all the issues I have been having on my Baja 5B and I want to post my experience in case anyone has the same issue. I originally had a SRS4210 RX when I got the Super Bee kill switch no matter what I tried I couldn't get the kill switch to work on a radio glitch (the aux switched worked) after messing with this for a while somehow my throttle servo would no longer work in the braking direction. Come to find out it was just TX gremlins. I used model 20 and it worked fine.... weird. then I gave up on the kill switch issue and tried to drive but now no matter how gentle I was the car would not drive straight. I figured out that some how the AVC (telemetry) system was on even though it was inhibited. only affecting the steering though. It was interfering 100% and over correcting everything. So I enabled it and set the interference to 0% which disabled the kill switch completely but at least i could drive. Then I find out that with the AVC steering and throttle interference set at 0% somehow the throttle is now being messed with. Moral of the story, Say no to built in telemetry kids! I ordered a SR410 plugged it in and now all the kill switch functions work and no control interference, Thank the gods. As far as I know this can all be chalked up to faulty programing in the SRS4210. Good riddence!

Damn! I got the 4210 and I'm looking into picking up a super bee. I remember seeing a special setup instructions for the Dxs4. Did you happen to see that? I think I saw it on the Killer RC forum.

Yea I did, I set it up exactly how it said, which didn't really work for me, Ken at killer RC was very helpful but I personally think the programing issues with the SRS4210 aren't worth the hassle. The fail safes and AVC interfere with the super bee like no other

you can completely disable the AVC by inserting bind plug #1 in bind port and a second bind plug in the "Disable port on your receiver. Now bind the TX/RX and woohoo... AVC is completely gone. If you read the Spektrum manual , only channel 1 &2 are active for AVC. Remaining channels are deactivated per design. Crappy design in my opinion however, you can over ride the system and now have full access to all channels

you can completely disable the AVC by inserting bind plug #1 in bind port and a second bind plug in the "Disable port on your receiver. Now bind the TX/RX and woohoo... AVC is completely gone. If you read the Spektrum manual , only channel 1 &2 are active for AVC. Remaining channels are deactivated per design. Crappy design in my opinion however, you can over ride the system and now have full access to all channels
Thanks for explaining this clearly. I have been told this 4 times and it never worked. Did it your way and Bam! Perfecto!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks