Spektrum smart system help for losi 5t

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So im about to pick up a spektrum DX5C rugged and a SR315 and i was wondering if i need to use a spektrum smart battery to get battery voltage data, i know the receiver needs an update for telemetry but is there a way i can use something like the killer rc 7200mah in my losi 5t and still get the voltage or do i have to get either the spektrum 4000mah receiver battery or the 5000mah spektrum shorty hard case lipo. Btw please don't suggest i go with different transmitter x or different transmitter y because im pretty much set on spektrum because thats what i've had for the last few years and what most of my cars already run.

any help appreciated

Yes you need the Spektrum smart to keep an eye on voltage, but i don't think the SR315 is a telemetry receiver anyway,

Honestly you don't need it for a receiver pack anyway, you'll be able to run at least 5 tanks of fuel before the Killer 7200mah needs charging
I run a cheap Turnigy 3600mah which costs a third of the price of the Killer and get 3 tanks out of it.

If you're still concerned you can buy voltage alarms/checkers from hobbyking for a couple of $$$

I use a dx5Pro and ddm 7200 lipo with sr515 and I can view my lipo voltage on my transmitter.
ah alright, thanks
Yes you need the Spektrum smart to keep aneye on voltage, but i don't think the SR315 is a telemetry receiver anyway,

Honestly you don't need it for a receiver pack anyway, you'll be able to run at least 5 tanks of fuel before the Killer 7200mah needs charging
I run a cheap Turnigy 3600mah which costs a third of the price of the Killer and get 3 tanks out of it.

If you're still concerned you can buy voltage alarms/checkers from hobbyking for a couple of $$$
you can update the receiver to be telemetry ready. if your battery gets 3 tanks 5000 should get me 4 tanks atleast which is fine for a big day out for me

ah alright, thanks

you can update the receiver to be telemetry ready. if your battery gets 3 tanks 5000 should get me 4 tanks atleast which is fine for a big day out for me

I honestly don't know why people buy Spektrum smart batteries, they're a rip off. Knowing the voltage is just not needed imo
As for the Killer lipo, i don't know why people buy that either, it's a rip off also
I mean geez it's only a 2S reciever pack to power a couple of servos, not a high volt/high amp brushless power system :ROFLMAO:

I honestly don't know why people buy Spektrum smart batteries, they're a rip off. Knowing the voltage is just not needed imo
As for the Killer lipo, i don't know why people buy that either, it's a rip off also
I mean geez it's only a 2S reciever pack to power a couple of servos, not a high volt/high amp brushless power system :ROFLMAO:
i don't know how much the killer rc batteries cost you but for me in the uk i can get them for £50 the exact same price as a standard size 7000 mah 2s lipo from someone like overlander so i wouldnt really say its a rip off for much higher quality compact cells... the spektrum batteries i can see where you're coming from but im mainly a plane man so im obsessed with knowing voltage so don't mind paying extra, especially if it stops me having to walk all the way across the field because its died or in the case of a plane crashed

i don't know how much the killer rc batteries cost you but for me in the uk i can get them for £50 the exact same price as a standard size 7000 mah 2s lipo from someone like overlander so i wouldnt really say its a rip off for much higher quality compact cells... the spektrum batteries i can see where you're coming from but im mainly a plane man so im obsessed with knowing voltage so don't mind paying extra, especially if it stops me having to walk all the way across the field because its died or in the case of a plane crashed

50 pound? that's a rip off dude, you can buy a few receiver packs for that price from Hobbyking. Plus there's nothing "high quality" about Spektrum lipos, you're only paying for brand name, nothing more
Honestly being a plane guy i thought you'd be right on to Hobbyking, they're taylored for the plane and heli guys

But yeah i see where your coming from with the planes, but you don't need to worry with cars, and you'll get 4 tanks easy out of a 5000mah lipo anyway :)

Last edited:
50 pound? that's a rip off dude, you can buy a few receiver packs for that price from Hobbyking.
Honestly being a plane guy i thought you'd be right on to Hobbyking, they're taylored for the plane and heli guys

But yeah i see where your coming from with the planes, but you don't need to worry with cars, and you'll get 4 tanks easy out of a 5000mah lipo anyway :)
Yeah all good, everyone has different opinions, I’ve never really gone with cheap lipos after previous bad experiences from quite a few years ago. And I I’ve always managed to make quality lipos last over twice as long as cheap ones but that may be because I look after them more! 😃

Yeah all good, everyone has different opinions, I’ve never really gone with cheap lipos after previous bad experiences from quite a few years ago. And I I’ve always managed to make quality lipos last over twice as long as cheap ones but that may be because I look after them more! 😃
Nothing wrong with Turnigy lipos at all, they're cheap because they don't have a supposed "brand name" attached to them that's all
Plenty of guys, myself included, run them on high powered/high amp/high voltage 12S+ brushless systems in 1/5 scale rigs (y)

Anyway each to there own

Nothing wrong with Turnigy lipos at all, they're cheap because they don't have a supposed "brand name" attached to them that's all
Plenty of guys, myself included, run them on high powered/high amp/high voltage 12S+ brushless systems in 1/5 scale rigs (y)

Anyway each to there own
You never said they were turnigy, had plenty of them over the years always been pretty darn good, not quite up there with the best but certainly pretty close longevity wise and power is there with the rest not that you really need good discharge for servos

You never said they were turnigy, had plenty of them over the years always been pretty darn good, not quite up there with the best but certainly pretty close
longevity wise
Yeah i said turnigy in my first post
What i'm trying to sorta say is, you're only powering a couple of servos and an rx, drawing 20amp at best. There's just no need for an expensive high C rated, supposed super duper 2S lipo for the job, but if money is no problem for you, then go for it, buy whatever you want.

I just hate seeing people get ripped off by hobby shops, and the manufacturers also, for something that is supposedly better quality, when in actuall fact it isn't, it's just the brand name, they're marketing costs, and the fancy packaging you're paying for ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks