spure gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit12

Bandit12
PLUS member
Hey all I just got a KM Baja for my son it's a b-day preasent. but i having a problem with the spur & pion. fiting to tight and wont let the truck roll fee. when i got the truck i took it apart and put some DS toobz diff. caps on it. and it still dos not roll I put them on all my trucks Baja B & T as well and all is good. so eney help. I have untell aug. 7 to make it work. :(

spur

UOTE=Mike1970;137368]Will it roll free without the pinion on?[/QUOTE]
Yes it rolls free with out the pinion

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the engine, clutch carrier and layshaft assembly - and the diff carrier/wishbone assemblies are each a lump you could take out and inspect/service like they are on the FG, Are there any spacers or shims that you've missed out during the build? could parts be out of line?

Could the gear be the wrong ratio for the car you're fitting them to - e.g I run 20 44 on my FG but the 22 44 won't fit, so maybe something like that.

yep, as mike says, count the teeth. do a search on google or on this forum for a baja gearchart (there's one on here somewhere...)

or,

there's something out of alignment in the drivetrain. one racer in our club had this problem, the spur/pinion plate wasn't seated correctly, which also made the disc brake engage. as you have already done, he removed the pinion, it was then fine, replaced it (with a bit of effort) and it didn't want to move at all...

hope you sort it!

I have taken apart and put back togather moore times then i whant to count.
So mybe I need to go with a smaller spur, so the 57 is to big what should the next size b a 56,55,or 54 tooth. and look for the gearcount chart did not find it yet.
Thanks Mike

Alignment sound's like the problem

Sounds like it is not all lined up, loosen the transmission so you can feel a bit of play, then do the same with the motor mounts, also slacken the plate behind the pinion gear, now see if it is loose, it should be, if not give the trnasmission a slight tweek, if it is loose when you give it a complete revolution tighten the transmission then the motor and lastly tighten the two screw's each side of the pinion gear, now spin it , by rights it will be loose now, good luck.:rolleyes:

What gear did you have on before? All gear ratios must add up to 74 teeth total between the two gears. Just a neat bit of info.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks