SS throttle servo burning up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockinwalrus

Hellp!? My son and I have just finished putting together this ss kit. We installed the Futaba s3305 servo for throttle and braking. We also installed the Futaba 2.4 3PM Fasst radio and receiver system with an HPI 3000mah battery.

The steering servo starts responding poorly after just a minute or two and then the s3305 burns up...I mean it starts smoking and melted the case.

Turned it off...back to the hobby shop...new s3305...recharge battery to make sure all is good...unplugged everything and then plugged everthing back in....turned on the switch and the new s3305 went up in smoke within 15 seconds and melted the case again.

Any ideas...everything is brand new...first use on all of it.

Thanks...any help or ideas is appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Did you have the Tx turned on also?If you turn on just the switch on the car and not the radio this will happen:nono:A few seconds is OK but after 15-20 it will cook,I have the same futaba 3 PM as you!!

Last edited:
Did you have the Tx turned on also?If you turn on just the switch on the car and not the radio this will happen:nono:A few seconds is OK but after 15-20 it will cook,I have the same futaba 3 PM as you!!

Yes, TX is turned on first...just changed it out for a JR Z650 I had from an 8ight-T and it works fine. Does not even get warm.

Could it be the RX?

The steering still seems slow and does not center itself like it should.

I'm gonna change the TX and RX to the JR xs3 Pro I have here and see what happens...I suspect the Futaba RX at this point.

Thanks!

could be a funky rx. but seems it would of also had a problem with the JR 650.

hard to say forsure.

Hello there, i just came here from the HBF, i've been looking at this forum for a couple of hours and thought id join here too. I also have the Futaba 3PK faast 2.4 system. It will burn up servos that aren't digital i've heard. I don't know about the servos your using but maybe it would be worth checking this too.

i think if you guys are useing the HRS mode, that may be causing your servo issues. HRS mode is for Digital servos only, so could be the reason a servo is burning out if its an analog servo. just a thought?
T

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks