Standard Sized Servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddyeddy

Considering the torque and speed specs are up to par to the Large sized ones would it be ok to use standard size servos for steering?

A Hitec 5755 (1/4 scale) delivers 347 oz/in @ 6V

A JR 8711 (standard size) has 407 oz/in
Savox 2270sg claims to give about 444 oz/in @7.4 (with a 2s lipo)

Providing the necessary adaptation to the mounts could these ones be used on 1/5 vehicles?

You can but i tried it on my steering and it beat the poop out of the smaller servo wouldnt recomend it,you have to remember everything on a standard size servo is smaller then a 1/4 scale servo including gears,and pitch on gears,you can get away with it on the throttle and brake ,but not recomended on steering.

You can use standard size servo’s on 1/8th nitro cars.That’s as far as you can go for steering.
For big scale cars standard size servo will work until you hit something and the small gears will strip.
Have a look at large size 40kg servo which gives them much better steering.Savox have a few.

Using standard size high torque servos for stearing is a waste of money. larger scale needs larger servo to handle the stress and shock loads. I only use the Hitec hs805 servo for all my steering need in large scale. If you need more power then use a Tone 050 servo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks