Standars stock FG Monster carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Standard stock carb for FG Monster (Zeng260) 26cc?

hi guys i have the FG beetle pro that came with the Zen G260 (26cc) engine. Which is the stock carb for this, its about 6 years old?

ta

Last edited:
Is that a better carb than stock & problem free!?

the stock 1 has done me fine for a good 6 years so don't wanna upgrade if its gunna give me probs, thats the reason why i aint bothered with head kits etc! :)

upgraded carb 813 works well on bigger engines id stick with the fg 7355/8 or a 603 both made by walbro and both the same carb which is perfect for the zen 26

model number should be stamped on the outside somewhere.. can be on the lower sides or in an awkward place to see if it's still on the engine, if i remember rightly. :cool: (probably not lol) :eek: but should be there somewhere i believe.

If you are changing your carb daz then go for the 668, it will suit your FG better than the 603. Its still choked but slightly bigger jetted.
Other options are: choke less 813 and 990, the 990 is what must will change from the 813.

You can pick a 668 up for around the £32 mark now..

ta for info guys :)

like i say i just want to get pretty much exactly same carb as the one i have at present has lasted me a good 6 years, is the 668 the best option? my engine is just a stock zen 26cc with a DOM pipe?

ta :)

is it just a straight swap dude? i jus had a quick read up & i read that the linkage for the throttle is different to the 603 & might have to be modded to fit the linkage?

is it just a straight swap dude? i jus had a quick read up & i read that the linkage for the throttle is different to the 603 & might have to be modded to fit the linkage?

The carb I had on before was marked up 605 but was a straight swap. Very slight adjust on the rod but only simple 2 sec job. No mods req'd here. Whether the 603 is different I couldnt say. I have a pic of the 668 somewhere I will post it up then you can see the linkage.

ok i found this mate:

http://abbotsrc.co.uk/HPI-15460-CARBURETOR-WT-668Fuelie-Engines-P987325.aspx

im guessing this is the same carb even though it says for "Fuelie engines" HPI?

Also gives an option of TGN gaskets instead of stock for a couple quid more?

EDIT! ok jus read up on it says for Zenoah also :) will go for the TGN gasket as its heavy duty, do i need any other gaskets or is this the only 1 i need so when i get it i can fit it right away, or is there a gasket for the otherside of carb?

Not took my carb off yet & i aint at home so don't know!? lol

Last edited:
From the engine out you have:

Gasket (FG No 7335) - New approx £2ish
Insulator Block - Re-used
Carb gasket (FG No 7337) - New approx £2.50
Carb - New!
Spacer block - Re-used
Filter stack

For what they cost, I renewed the gaskets between the carb and the engine to make sure there were no air leaks.

668 carb throttle side ;)

picture.php

oki had a look, mines the 603 atm, im pretty sure the problem was flooding, i just removed the air filter holder & that had alot of fuel sitting in the rim at the bottom :(

Anyway i ordered a new fuel tank & spark plug over weekend should be here tmrw or thurs hopefully. So will try it again once ive got these fitted, failing that will get a new carb.

Also what i didnt mention, the day it all went pete-tong.. it took forever to prime?

in the past usually around 3 or 4 presses of the bulb it would fill up, but beginning of the day when i was trying to prime it, it took ages, infact if i remember the only way i got it primed in the end was by opening the throttle at same time (ive never had to do it this way before), is this a carb prob ya rekon or feed from the tank? like i say the tubes from the tank were not tight as they would slide up & down!

According to someone from DDM, the carbs are exactly the same except for the throttle arm & theres pretty much no difference in terms of performance, if this the case then will prob just go for the 603?

wouldnt have thought it be this confusing to buy a new carb! lol :D

Thanks again fellas :)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks