Steering servo acts up randomly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So bottom line ill call horizon Monday and complain. Here's the story, 1st time. Im driving around in the big construction area in my videos when all of a sudden I lose the ability to turn left. Hmm thats odd so I walk up to the truck and force the steering. Yea I know not a good idea but I said F it ill buy a new servo as im not happy this is happening. Later I take the body off and see a fairly decent stick at the bottom of the chassis that was snapped and well ok problem solved.. Round 2 . Today it did the same thing 3 times with one time of me forcing it and the other 2 by just trying with the controller. Its the stock losi servo so i know its not great but its too early for the servos to take a dump. Anyone know what tends to cause this?... and my killswitch works...it was about 250-300ft away and I lost signal it went full brake and killed the engine.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue, someone on here suggested adjusting the end points at the TX. It had too much travel dialed in so I reduced it to where the servo was not "buzzing" (overloaded) at extreme ends of travel. Worked perfect.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks