Steering servo help. Working on it now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvo

Reading the Rules!
I just put my steering servo in,was a bit of a mess but anyways the problem is this. It works and i made sure everything was in the middle and when i turn the truck on it automatically turns the wheels left about a quarter of the way?

Also when the truck is on and the radio is on you cant turn the wheels by hand? What i mean is you can make it turn by hand,is this right?

I got it,the aluminum horn had to be taken off and adjusted 6 times before i got it right on. One note as well, the HITEC HS-5745MG steering servo is not a bolt on replacment for the Fg MT. The servo is about a quarter inch shorter than stock, i had to make a plate to fill in the difference. Only took about 30 extra minutes, nothing major if you have some aluminum or plastic and a drill and screws:) Truck is running it's almost midnight and i'm going outside to RUN IT........................wOOt

Usually when setting up the steering you turn everything on, centre the servo and any trims on the transmitter, then fit the servo horn last. That way you know everything is centred ok. :)

One note as well, the HITEC HS-5745MG steering servo is not a bolt on replacment for the Fg MT. The servo is about a quarter inch shorter than stock, i had to make a plate to fill in the difference.
The truck comes stock with the adapter for the smaller servo. It is a small plastic piece that should of been with the extra plastic parts from the box. It fits in the space and is screwed to the plate on each side and allows you to use the smaller 1/4 scale servos.
Look Here

Usually when setting up the steering you turn everything on, centre the servo and any trims on the transmitter, then fit the servo horn last. That way you know everything is centred ok. :)

What he said!:)

mine had a blue aluminum arm attatched to the servo,i think it's called a horn? i used it and it came with a circle thing,and abunch of extra arms.

Oh, yeah i could have used it but i got it handled. Just ran my truck a little on ice. man i need to hook the tires up with some screws,all it does is spin.....

They sell em? I'm sure they could be made. I saw a guy using paddle tires on the back and his truck would pull wheelies in the snow.

The trucks don't do very well in the snow, but once the snow melts you are going to have a blast. Be careful though, the plastic parts get kind of brittle in the cold.

Trip..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks