Steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What servos did you smoke?
Sounds like they trying to stitch you up, I was recommended a £65 Savox 0235 by my LHS.
Although I didn't have the truck for long after fitting I know the guy it went to and it's still going strong (longer than the original) and he abuses the hell out of the truck.

What servos did you smoke?
Sounds like they trying to stitch you up, I was recommended a £65 Savox 0235 by my LHS.
Although I didn't have the truck for long after fitting I know the guy it went to and it's still going strong (longer than the original) and he abuses the hell out of the truck.
I'm using the hitec 5765.

Now I've only heard good things about Hitec servos so I'm not going to bash them, however that one is rated at a full 8kg less torque than the Savox 0235 at 6v, not sure how that fairs for its longevity but I know what one I'd go for, maybe even the 0236 for the same price.
I plan on using the 0235 for my throttle and 0236 for steering on my 5ive t.

And before all that I'd check your EPA, i didn't on my DBXL and that is what burnt out my standard servo.

Ok guys. Have a problem. I just smoked two Hitec servos. Just got off the phone with Hitec. They said the servos I was using are not strong enough. They side I need a Hitec HS-1000SGT. That's a $400 servo. Wth! Any ideas?

That's right it's great but it may be overkill in this car I'd use stock Losi 5ive steering servos on mine and at 7.4 volts also sounds like you may be over traveling your servo and running it in grass
Set car up with wheels of the ground and turn wheel left and make sure your servo is not trying to turn wheels and wheels are against the stops and then right that really builds up heat in servo
Also if you are using stock transmitter it easy to have some one change settings and over travel servos

Matter of fact I was running the dbxl in short grass. I didn't think that would matter. But I am running proline Trenchers. They grip pretty good. Hmmmm.

If you turn while stopped its very hard on them if you're moving and turn not as bad the stock DBXL servos can run 7.4 volts to it helps them out a lot

The best you can get right now with out breaking the bank is stock Losi 5ive steering servo
Out of the truck it's around $90 and works well
Others will say Savox is the same thing and it may be but why chance it

My new servo Savox 0236...

I get 0236 Savox but not happy ! Why ? After 10-15 off light bashing,servo do not respond,and wheels bear to the right.I try to trim,but nothing happend.I let the DBXL to "rest",and the next day...play again.Same thing.Run for 10-15 min and servo,stop responding.The batteries are fully charged,so I don't think this is the issue....the batteries.So,when I was ready do have fun....Any sugestions ? Tks in advance for your reply's.

I get 0236 Savox but not happy ! Why ? After 10-15 off light bashing,servo do not respond,and wheels bear to the right.I try to trim,but nothing happend.I let the DBXL to "rest",and the next day...play again.Same thing.Run for 10-15 min and servo,stop responding.The batteries are fully charged,so I don't think this is the issue....the batteries.So,when I was ready do have fun....Any sugestions ? Tks in advance for your reply's.
Check the gears inside. Either that or a snapped wire.

Its getting hot and slowing down your running it in grass that's hard on them or sand
Don't don't sit still and try and turn the wheels or hold it turned that gets servo hot

Last edited:
Servo arm

I have on my DBXL "Area aloy steering",witch I'm very happy,but the horn from "Area aloy steering" is stock,so will no fit in my new and trouble maker Savox servo,so I use the Savox horn,witch is smaller then “Area alloy steering”.I search the web for,but….. Any sugestions ? TKS

Attachments

• 20150428_102101-001.jpg
    20150428_102101-001.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks