Steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aris

Ok, I went to race my FG F1 today and it didn't go well. During the Qualification i notice my F1 wasn't turning right properly. I did about 4 laps when my steering servo shut down. The servo (Hitec HS-805BB)came with the F1 when I bought it. Now my question is what is the best steering servo for this FG F1 sportline? Is it worth it to put 2 steering servo on this F1? Co'z I notice FG F1 comp use 2 servo.

Last edited:
i cant see much point in 2 large scale servos in an onroad car, they might be running 2 standard size servos. i run a hitec 5755, its really just a multiplex rhino in a black case. works great, plenty of torque and speed, very precise. going to smaller servos, you would need to run 2 high torque digitals, like hitec 7955, 7954 or 7950.

i cant see much point in 2 large scale servos in an onroad car, they might be running 2 standard size servos. i run a hitec 5755, its really just a multiplex rhino in a black case. works great, plenty of torque and speed, very precise. going to smaller servos, you would need to run 2 high torque digitals, like hitec 7955, 7954 or 7950.

Ko Propo Steering Servo Will Do Well On The Onroad :) Great Servos Well Recommened !! There Is Some On Flebay :p

tbh I am not even sure what servo is in my f1, but I have only ever used 1 servo in my on roads. usually a hitec 5745. I think you'd have to have to some serious traction to load up a single servo. duals are more for mt's to move the huge tires around.

if it's an 805 in there then you'd need a replacement the same size like the 805 or 5805 digi (I prefer digi servos myself). working on my f1 today so I'll check. it's a sportline too

+1 on Pip - need to check the dimensions.
Multiplex Rhinos are slightly smaller than some - they're great and look good as well - a factor in a show car like an F1.
Agreed particularly if you go for a Rhino, you only need one for on-road use.

I've 2 Rhinos on my MT - WOTT but looks good and works well - I've fitted MCD monster tyres to FG rims - much wider tread - I need the grip.
Al.

I can't see the numbers but it's 63mm across the back side so it's a large servo, most likely an 805. that means modifying to fit a 5745, 5755 or rhino. a 5805 needs a direct power source though a new servo comes with a y cable to take care of that

Thank you for all the reply guys, So I order the hitec 5755. I'm gonna recieve it on Friday. Will see how it goes. I just don't wanna have that problem again.

Rhinos are alive and well ... in Europe.
Check out the Multiplex website and you see they have 'superceded the Rhino with the 5755 in USA' ... or something similar.

I've 2 on my MT and one on my 1/5 on road for steering.
Al.

Not sure if this will help you out at all, but I have 3 baja's and I run the Hitec 5755's and theyre a little smaller, but there are adapters out there to fit the smaller serco into the larger openings and the servo's are tough as nails, At least for the baja, and I run rear wheels and tires on the front too, have never needed more steering input or speed since switching to the 5755

tbh I am not even sure what servo is in my f1, but I have only ever used 1 servo in my on roads. usually a hitec 5745. I think you'd have to have to some serious traction to load up a single servo. duals are more for mt's to move the huge tires around.

if it's an 805 in there then you'd need a replacement the same size like the 805 or 5805 digi (I prefer digi servos myself). working on my f1 today so I'll check. it's a sportline too

Did you know Hitec's site doesn't even show that 5805 servo, but Tower does... Stupid really..

You can't beat the new Hitec super digital servos--and the BEST way to go is with a 2s lipo setup. Use the big 7990 --same size as the Rhino--and OVER 600oz's of torque with the 7.4 lipo battery. I use a 2s 2200mah lipo in my F-1 car--and it works flawlessly with 2 of these servos in place of my original Rhino's!! No problem using the standard size versions for brakes and throttle--without any voltage reduction right through the Futaba reciever and transmitter. 3Pks-- I drive left handed and Hitec doesn't have their new convertable transmitter out yet. I'll have that once it's available.
FYI
Tim

Servo...

Take a look at the new Radiopost Servo's! I have one to try out. This thing has 250 oz at 6V and over 300 at 7.4V It also does this at 0.08 and 0.07S respectively!
Couple that with the fact they are standard size AND low profile too !!!!
The only down side is they are $170 !!!?

Very good stron fast servo's though. Check them out!

http://radiopost.com/products/list.aspx?cat=101

No need for Jumbo servo's now :)

BM

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks