Steering Servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

I have 2 marders both with a twin steering servo set up. 1 has 2x Hitec HS805BB @ 19.8kg torque each and the other 2x Hitec HS755HB @ 13.2kg torque each.

Would it be feasible to run just 1 of these servos for steering or are they not up to it? I have seen on the exploded diagrams that FG use 1x HS805BB as std so I assume this 1 will be ok if this is correct but not convinced the 755HB has enough torque.

Yes I know there are other Hitec, Savox etc etc that would do the job but I want to use what Ive got :D

Back in the early days, we never used 2 servos -it just wasn't done and I don't remember too many issues, then along came the tonegowa......

So long as everything is set up well then you shouldn't have any problems. You could always give ross mods or king cobra a call to see if they have any of the old kingcobra/hitec servos left that are going cheap.

Back in the early days, we never used 2 servos -it just wasn't done and I don't remember too many issues, then along came the tonegowa......

So long as everything is set up well then you shouldn't have any problems. You could always give ross mods or king cobra a call to see if they have any of the old kingcobra/hitec servos left that are going cheap.

Ok cheers Mike. I suppose the only way to find out it to try it! I like things tidy and with 2 servos and a Y harness its like a feckin snakes wedding even though its cable tied as neat as I can get it!! If I was only running 1 servo I could tidy the excess cable in the receiver box. There is also a minimal weight saving to be made, 110g for the 755HB and 150g for the 805BB :D

I will be in touch with Rossmods before the week is out to order my 4wd kit so will ask about servos as well. I know they price match for UK based outlets but do they do deals based on Hobbythek or Pitstop prices as they are both quite a bit cheaper?

Ok cheers Mike. I suppose the only way to find out it to try it! I like things tidy and with 2 servos and a Y harness its like a feckin snakes wedding even though its cable tied as neat as I can get it!! If I was only running 1 servo I could tidy the excess cable in the receiver box. There is also a minimal weight saving to be made, 110g for the 755HB and 150g for the 805BB :D

I will be in touch with Rossmods before the week is out to order my 4wd kit so will ask about servos as well. I know they price match for UK based outlets but do they do deals based on Hobbythek or Pitstop prices as they are both quite a bit cheaper?

I know where I'd go for the parts........ I'd still consider a full car though then you will have a box full of bits left over - just my thoughts.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks