Stiffer shocks/springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hqabuggy

These springs on my 2.0 are atrocious. I am gonna need to do an upgrade. Any suggestions for some good stuff springs for the dbxl 2.0? I've heard a lot of just use the 5ive-t springs all around, but are those really that much stiffer?

I am using losi 5T front blue springs on the rear of my dbxle. You have to bore out the openings on top and bottom just a bit for it to fit. No more sagging. The front I am using stock springs cranked down with thicker oil.

Front 650 cst oil
REAR 1000 cst oil

PXL_20220413_203009588~2.jpg

I am using losi 5T front blue springs on the rear of my dbxle. You have to bore out the openings on top and bottom just a bit for it to fit. No more sagging. The front I am using stock springs cranked down with thicker oil.

Front 659 cst oil
REAR 1000 cst oil

View attachment 81604
Just to clarify - you're not just using the front blue springs but the entire 5t shock on the rear right? I was looking at the I-RC front springs and thought about throwing that on the back, wasn't sure if it was a great idea.

Front 650 cst oil
REAR 1000 cst oil

View attachment 81604
And also, which part did you specifically bore - the opening for the fastener which the spring sits on?

I am only using the springs with the stock dbxle shocks. That's why you have to bore out the springs in order to fit.

Which IRC springs?

Ahh ok complete shocks/spring assembly. Haven't tried the 5T shock on the dbxl but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you are going to that route just a buy a complete front and rear original losi 5T 2.0 shocks as they are very high quality.

I used a Dremel to bore out the openings.

Ahh ok complete shocks/spring assembly. Haven't tried the 5T shock on the dbxl but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you are going to that route just a buy a complete front and rear original losi 5T 2.0 shocks as they are very high quality.

I used a Dremel to bore out the openings.
Going to pick up heavier oil here in a bit. I appreciate your suggestions. Also my badlands mx57 just came in the other day, waiting for my hilatronics servo to come today so I can run em. Actually decided to buy the badlands because of on of your posts on a separate thread.

Definitely get the spacers also as this platform likes to roll when running on grass.

lot of guys either get the DDM HD or angels and demons springs off ebay. Both will help a lot with the squating. I got the DDM springs and its supposed ot be like 20% stiffer than stock if i remember correctly.

if your going to bash it hard. swapping in 5ive shocks would be a better idea. they're stronger than the dbxl shocks with more spring options.

lot of guys either get the DDM HD or angels and demons springs off ebay. Both will help a lot with the squating. I got the DDM springs and its supposed ot be like 20% stiffer than stock if i remember correctly.

if your going to bash it hard. swapping in 5ive shocks would be a better idea. they're stronger than the dbxl shocks with more spring options.
I've searched high and low and can only find one pair of front 5ive-t shocks but need another pair of fronts to complete the set. I want to do the swap so bad. anywhere other than ebay you think I could search for?

ebay is my usual go to. largescalercs.com sells takeoff parts. then i look around on the facebook groups for the cars I have. always seeing poeple posts old parts and stuff for cheap. but always risk of getting scammed. Theres a rc sellers feedback group where you can cross reference known scammers and good sellers. OR get some rovan/30'N ones. typically 3rd of price of the real losis and they seem to hold up pretty well based on what ive seen on these forums.

ebay is my usual go to. largescalercs.com sells takeoff parts. then i look around on the facebook groups for the cars I have. always seeing poeple posts old parts and stuff for cheap. but always risk of getting scammed. Theres a rc sellers feedback group where you can cross reference known scammers and good sellers. OR get some rovan/30'N ones. typically 3rd of price of the real losis and they seem to hold up pretty well based on what ive seen on these forums.
Might have to check out the 30'n shocks. I got the 20% stiffer DDM springs haven't really gotten to try them out though

Front 650 cst oil
REAR 1000 cst oil

View attachment 81604
I bought the red 5T springs for my dbxl-e tried putting them on and the spring won't go pass tge thread in the shock. How did u get those springs on your dbxl-e.

I actually ended up modding stock shocks and putting the hot racing resi tops. Ill tell ya. World of a difference. I got a set of the red stiffer springs and i haven't had to even use em yet.

Attachments

• 20220919_233855.jpg
    20220919_233855.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks