Stock 26cc hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcflyer55

I've looked on Losi site & Horizion hobby site but I can't find the horsepower of the stock engine.

I'm ready to buy the roller but I'm not sure which engine to buy.

I found this smokin deal but I'm not sure if it is more hp than the stock motor.

http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-29cc-4-bolt-engine-ddm-dominator-pipe-for-losi-5ive-.html

Or

http://gizmomotors.com/index.php/on...-full-mod-cr300-30-5-engine-pipe-combo-detail

Ideally I'd like to stay below $500. For the engine & pipe but be faster than a stock set-up. Also don't want to have to change the clutch or gearing.

Last edited:
Stock is like 3 hp, but torque is the key for the heavy 5ive T. 4.5 HP and up is what's needed for our Losi's. I have the 29cc in it and it is enough fun with a tuned pipe. The new 32 cc is the business though, I'd pop for that and get a pipe down the road if it were my $. Much more torque......

Stock is like 3 hp, but torque is the key for the heavy 5ive T. 4.5 HP and up is what's needed for our Losi's. I have the 29cc in it and it is enough fun with a tuned pipe. The new 32 cc is the business though, I'd pop for that and get a pipe down the road if it were my $. Much more torque......

+1 on that :cool:

but any engine must be better than the engine that comes with the

losi:rolleyes:

K....

I disagree,I run the stock 26cc in mine with a Bartolone big bore pipe and a good tune and I'm running as fast and faster than the guys with the big motors!when racing it's not all about the size or hp or your motor,it's the driving ability and set up example-suspension set up,tune of motor and if u can drive or not..if u just wanna bash then hell yeah get the big motor..but for racing depending on your track the big motor often over power the track and your almost always struggling to get the power to the ground and the guys like me with the smaller motor and great suspension and handling drive right past the bigger guys..good luck with whatever u choose..

Bryant is absolutely right. This rig is heavy...it needs a torque. If you got the right setup and proper tune, a 26cc will smoke even 30.5cc. Don't worry about being the fastest....worry about being consistent and not crashing. As everyone one always is quick to say......"Slow is fast!". Happy racing!!

The G290 is a great motor....the pipe.....I'm not fan. I've seen nothing but fail from guys at the track with that pipe. They just could never get it to not come loose on them.

Yeah fangs,it's a great pipe as far as waking up the motor but I do have that problem also(keeping it tight)my next thing will be to try some red thread lock tite rather that the blue...the rear screw always backs itself out...

Yeah fangs,it's a great pipe as far as waking up the motor but I do have that problem also(keeping it tight)my next thing will be to try some red thread lock tite rather that the blue...the rear screw always backs itself out...

Don't bother one of my buddies tried red Loctite and it continued to come loose. He finally just gave the pipe away to a basher. It's just not reliable for racing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks