Stock CY / Zenoha 26cc engine mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankerboya1

So I have gone through all the forums i swear and have not yet came along anyone listing info on the cheap budget mods to lets say pep up that 26cc out of the box ex. milling the fan to lighten it or diy port matching. Everyone says put a pipe on it and if thats not good enough go big bore etc... well i think it takes a bit of the fun out so i am wondering what you veterans have done to spruce up the stock 26 and make it run like a scaulded horse!

So for now i have some small things in line for my rovan please no bashing it i have had very little problems out of the box (servo burned up and lost the clutch) its a good truck but for this winter i have purchased from daves the following

8000 rpm clutch
.012 head gasket (tad bit more compression)
gbe stinger tuned pipe

to do:
Mill and balance fly wheel
vent the stock clutch bell

Please let me know thoughts and or good performance tips im a newby and love to tinker plus have access to mahines to do some slight modifying (i am a machinist) give me some good cheap performance mods mods!

Last edited:
I would like to know also. I plan to lighting the piston also doing the fly wheel. A few weeks ago i got a rock in the fly wheel and it revved a lot quicker well once i got the fins out definitely worth lightning.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352646490247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352646490247.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to know im not the only one to wonder these things i haven't lightened the fly wheel yet but will soon i have put on the new pipe i purchased, installed the 8000 rpm clutch and put on the new .012 copper gasket so we will see tomorrow how it does i will keep you posted on my results. on another not i did notice better compression right off the bat just with the pull start but didnt fire it up yet i have chose to stick some of the stock stuff to see the difference as it comes along

Just a heads up make sure you balance the flywheel if you do lighten it or you will burn up bearings and other internals.

I would like to know also. I plan to lighting the piston also doing the fly wheel. A few weeks ago i got a rock in the fly wheel and it revved a lot quicker well once i got the fins out definitely worth lightning.

This was not a proprietary flywheel lightening then? !!
Surely it will set the entire engine into an imbalance which will prematurely wear the bearings - stuff the motor longterm, basically?

Al.

No the pics are when i got a rock in their witch i finished the day out on that flywheel mabe an hour. I've already put a new flywheel on witch this one i will lighten.

Well i finally got around to putting the truck back together. After being hit by a buddy i started my upgrade process, well once she was back together i found that there was a tweak to the clutch bell and carier so thats next on the list. but good news i did get it to fire and run and it sounds great, although i did decide to go against the .012 and went with .03 head gasket i figured what was the point giving that i put a high rpm clutch so i figured go with .03 gasket to equal out for top end i also recieved my rc4wd wheels and must say i love them but they are a bit heavyso i wanted to throw up a pic and a sound clip of the exhaust tell me what you guys think.

-Nick

IMG_01341.jpg
IMG_01521.jpg

VIDEO_________
http://s1113.beta.photobucket.com/user/tankerboya1/media/IMG_01471.mp4.html

Last edited:
Also wanted to give you a heads up RCCRAZE Daves Motors does cary a sealed pull start with a breather although it is like 60 dollars and i believe it is made by rd innovations it is on the list for the to do for myself!

So I've been on the search for a good clutch carrier and seems that IMO the vertigo setup with the hexed and vented clutch bell is my new investment so we will finally be able to see what my 5t has with the new goodies I will keep this up to date as I am trying to get everyone's input on how there builds have turned out by doing mild mods!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks