stock idle screw setting G320 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys, what's the stock setting for the idle screw on the G320 please?

I want to put my carb back to stock settings as I want to retune from 100% stock settings! Carb is the 1107

Cheers :)

There's no definitive position for the idle screw only high and low needles.
yeh thought as much to be honest, as there is no mention of it anywhere! ..what would be a good place to start, should i just set it quite high so it wont effect the starting for 1st time?

You need to set the high and low needles at their respective positions then set the idle if it too far in you'll have a high idle, too low and your idle will be met with an engine that won't hold idle.

You need to set the high and low needles at their respective positions then set the idle if it too far in you'll have a high idle, too low and your idle will be met with an engine that won't hold idle.
if the idle screw is set too low will effect the starting of the engine as thats what I'm worried about incuse i flood it trying to start it, like i say, ive had a right nightmare with this engine in terms of starting it, never had issues before like this with starting! ..is the 1107 a good carb etc?

Yea start as you would and if it doesn't without help bring the idle up some with the idle screw. Pretty much you want to get it to run by any means and once running and cleared out and not loaded up with fuel you then can adjust.

Yes the 1107 is great. I run it in my race rig and I had zero issues and I always adjust pop pressure like I have mentioned to you. Pop pressure is critical with these.

There's a low idle rpm spec. Tuning will determine how far open the butterfly needs to be to achieve it. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but you basically just need to get it to run so you can tune it. First fires should have the wheels off the ground so you can set base tune and get the idle dialed in before running it.

Yea start as you would and if it doesn't without help bring the idle up some with the idle screw. Pretty much you want to get it to run by any means and once running and cleared out and not loaded up with fuel you then can adjust.

Yes the 1107 is great. I run it in my race rig and I had zero issues and I always adjust pop pressure like I have mentioned to you. Pop pressure is critical with these.
Ditto... basically the only carb I run on a 32/34cc anymore.

There's a low idle rpm spec. Tuning will determine how far open the butterfly needs to be to achieve it. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but you basically just need to get it to run so you can tune it. First fires should have the wheels off the ground so you can set base tune and get the idle dialed in before running it.
The spec says idle should be 4000 rpm. I generally run between 4000 and 5000 rpm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230625-125400.png
    Screenshot_20230625-125400.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 6
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks