Stock kill switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dweb4

I have a question I bought a chrome fan cover and chrome flywheel cover the stock yellow kill switch was kind of loose. Compared to stock set up so I applied a little CA to the cover to get the switch to stay in one place. Well the truck ran fine for about 20mins. Then it just shut off the button was hard to press in, could the CA have gotten in the switch and cut the engine off and short the ignition coil?

The only way is to start it up and stop it ... perhaps 5 times or more ... before you reach any conclusions.
CA won't short it out, it's organic and non-conducting as far as I'm aware.
Lock it in a certain position, whatver it is ... perhaps !!

Try it out a few times first.

Ok spent most of the evening trying to start engine it will not even fire. I'm thinking the ignition coil may be bad. I've tried 3 new plugs and end up flooding the engine so I'm sure it's getting fuel took air filter off and that's clean and oiled still the only other item I can think of is the ignition coil. Any thoughts as to what else it might be. Or anyone with similar problems

have you tried starting with the plug out of the engine just about touching the metal head don't hold it your self unless youve got some insulated grips pull it over see if you have a spark if its got a spark ok if no spark look into kill switch first its cheaper than a new coil try it with out the switch on it may work i think the switch only earths out the coil to kill it

ya unplug the switch and try starting it. you can kill the engine with the choke anyway. I hate those push buttons. they always gum up and stick. get a killer b remote kill switch then you never need the mechanical one

Ok will give the tips a try didn't know I could start engine without switch. I'll give updates as to how it went thanks.

OK disconnected the switch and it fired up before even completed first pull. Thanks for all the help now need to order 3rd channel kill switch as well as new clutch. My ONB 27.2 race mod has completely blown the stock shoes to nothing SPEED KILLS...I guess:laugh:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks