Stock servos on 2s Li-Po

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biskazz

Hi guys,
Since I couldn't find a definitive answer I figured I'll ask.

I'm looking to upgrade the stock receiver battery to a better one and I'm wondering if the stock servos will handle 2s Li-Po. I read on the Losi website that they are not Li-Po compatible but I have ran 6v servos on 2s Li-Po in the past without any problems.
Do you have any real world experience with stock servos on 2s lipo?

Yeah I fried the steering one in 30 minutes but never checked the endpoints. Still ridiculous. I was still getting fade on the throttle one and the endpoints were fine

If anyone has fried one on a Lipo it’s most likely because the endpoints were not set correctly me and a friend have been running lipos and have not burnt one up yet. The LOSI S900S is a rebranded Savox 0236.

If anyone has fried one on a Lipo it’s most likely because the endpoints were not set correctly me and a friend have been running lipos and have not burnt one up yet. The LOSI S900S is a rebranded Savox 0236.
DBXL stock comes with SPMS901...

I have been running RC cars for over 25 years with some gaps here and there. No servo should ever burn up after 30 minutes of run time, end point adjusted or not. That is ridiculous. My throttle was set up fine I just didn't look at the front one real well so not sure. The braking is 100 percent better with the 235 in the rear and explain the throttle servo not responding in the rear until I would nudge it some times. When I took apart the front servo it was fried. Smelled like a radio someone had set on fire. Postings like this all over the web about the stock servos. Not saying I had no part in the front one dying but that is sad and not very well built. I have yet to see anyone claim the DBXL has rebranded Savox, but many have stated the 5T servo's are. If I blow out the Savox I will tear it down and take pictures next to the one I have on the shelf I pulled.

I have been running RC cars for over 25 years with some gaps here and there. No servo should ever burn up after 30 minutes of run time, end point adjusted or not. That is ridiculous. My throttle was set up fine I just didn't look at the front one real well so not sure. The braking is 100 percent better with the 235 in the rear and explain the throttle servo not responding in the rear until I would nudge it some times. When I took apart the front servo it was fried. Smelled like a radio someone had set on fire. Postings like this all over the web about the stock servos. Not saying I had no part in the front one dying but that is sad and not very well built. I have yet to see anyone claim the DBXL has rebranded Savox, but many have stated the 5T servo's are. If I blow out the Savox I will tear it down and take pictures next to the one I have on the shelf I pulled.
I did not realize it was a different servo than the 5T and DBXLE

I`ve been told the dbxl ones r rebadged savox`s aswell......

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks