Stock steering servo dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRC

I haven´t finished my second tank of gas and the steering servo died. I have using the stock battery and a lipo i had. Must say it died with the lipo.

Any recomendations for a good servo?

Right now my choose is the hitec 5765 or the savox 236.

The aluminium servo arms of dgi or fdi will fit this servos?

Also, i fitted the losi tuned pipe, and is not a direct fit to the motor. The welding gets in the way when trying to tie the nuts and washers, so you have to dremmel or trim it.

Last edited:
Veerry sure. I lost steering when driving , smoke coming out of servo. Checked everything else, the lipo, all fine.

I was doing some fast laps on a paved track. I guess it was a lot of work of load and heat for the servo.

The receiver is a spektrum sp410, can hadle up to 9.6v

The throttle servo is working fine.

I had on big roll and one little wall touch. I guess this loads the servo when the wheels hits groud or wall, making the wheel turn against the servo.

Another thign i found is that the EPA is important. I adjusted just where the servo doesn't buzz and keeping the travel on the possible not binding range.

But how much travel is ok? The maximum possible?

Those servo horns mentioned won't fit the hitec or the savox. They have a different spline. The stock losi 5ive horn will fit a savox as well as the ddm horn which is very common to see. I'd go with the savox servo. My throttle servo went first. Wasn't totally dead but quits working under race conditions with the muffler causing it to overheat. It cools down and starts working again for a short time. As far as EPA goes, adjust it to the point that the spindle just barely touches the control arm. This way, if the wheels try to turn past the end point, the control arm will prevent it from going any further, rather than before contact with the control arm, putting stress on the steer linkage/servo saver/servo.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks