Stolen RCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjdurrant

Hey guys - someone broke into my garage lastnight and stole several of my RCs. They took:

--Firehammer (ddm pipe, kill switch with blue LED, JR XS300 receiver)

--T-MAXX (all blue RPM parts with some blue alum, Tekno wing with broken mount, RPM wheels, Losi tires, JR XS300 receiver)

--Slash (VXL system, LEDs, Traxxas receiver with green crystal)

The thieves left my Stampede, Jato, RC18T and all of the transmitters and bodies (they took vehicles only). I am glad my three 11.1v LIPOs were inside. Neighbor is the one who called the cops at 3AM. She said she saw a tuner car with loud exaust and blue reverse lights.

Please keep an eye out on other forums, craigslist and eBay.

Thanks guys!

JJ

Fuckin scumbags!!! I hate thieves!:mad: If they broke in and only grabbed a few things, I would imagine they KNEW what they were after! Maybe they have been in your garage before, or knew what you had and where you kept your stuff? It may be someone you know..

If you have them, I would post up pics of the missing stuff on every forum board and at the local hobby shops.

Good luck Man! I hope the best for you!

I would say some one seen what you have and knew where you kept the rc items...
Chances are they will strip it down and sell the parts.....Sorry too hear your lost at the moment........Still good chance of recover of your items........Hope for the best..Slawhammer

QUOTE:please keep an eye out on other forums, craigslist and eBay.

:eek:mg:Ya need to post pics bud,like trip said F'n dirtballs:chris:

thanks... Yea, I am really bummed. Here are some pics:

IMG_0710.jpg

Picture2032.jpg

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

JJ, sorry to hear about that. I hate people. I've had lots of stuff ripped, never an rc. Is your garage attached to your house?

I'm thinking about getting a chain and weaving through all my chassis's on my large scales and locking it around something that won't move in the garage.

I'll keep watch.

Yea.. they broke in via the side door and went out the large front foor... ballsy. Considering everything else they could of took, they def came for the RCs

I use a c clamp on the garage door track as a lock.

I hate thieves too. I get auto emails everytime a new listing for large scale shows on rcu so I'll keep my eyes open. I just found a cheap firehammer last night on craigslist locally and when I saw this post this morning I thought, oh no. but it's not as nice as yours.... phew.

I use a c clamp on the garage door track as a lock.

I hate thieves too. I get auto emails everytime a new listing for large scale shows on rcu so I'll keep my eyes open. I just found a cheap firehammer last night on craigslist locally and when I saw this post this morning I thought, oh no. but it's not as nice as yours.... phew.

Ha! Thanks. Yea, I doubt I will ever see them again. At least the crooks left me something. pretty big loss though.. I am estimating about $2500-3000. All that damn time I spent installing that large alloy mount and rebuilding the diff on the FH is what pisses me off most... hehe.

Ha! Thanks. Yea, I doubt I will ever see them again. At least the crooks left me something. pretty big loss though.. I am estimating about $2500-3000. All that damn time I spent installing that large alloy mount and rebuilding the diff on the FH is what pisses me off most... hehe.

I would estimate more than that. If you are using insurance, sit down and add up everything you have put on those cars.

That would piss me off too.

Ok.. I am rethinking the insurance thing... I added up my receipts... $4200... DAMN. Half of which was the T-Maxx

karma will get those bastages, because it had to be an inside job. maybe not someone you know, but someone like a flyer delivery guy that saw your stuff while your door was open and stopped to say hi, or aquaintence of someone you know that heard them talking about your toys. I did alarm response and investigation stuff for many years and it follows that pattern when they grab certain things.

I've seen some pretty fishy break ins, and these guys had a car waiting. pretty brave. you were probably lucky you never caught them tbh. I hate hearing this stuff, but it's better than being burned on an internet trade because you at least have insurance to get something back.

I remember when I was supervisor for north star patrol. I had a dozen cars (I was on the road myself and dispatched while driving) and had an alarm at a tattoo shop (our co op ex prez). I dispatched one driver, then realized he was new and an odd street, so sent a second to make sure since he was close. we got there in 4 mins. "supposedly" crooks broke in through a skylight and lifted 12 tattoo machines and escaped through the roof before we got there. now there is common a 5 min delay from alarm to dispatch so even 9 mins and no rope ladder, common ladder or rocket pack burns were in the floor and the owner arrived close to when we did, at 3 am. hmmm. we can't put opinions in reports, only the facts

I also think you shoould consider beefing up the security on your doors. it is common for crooks to come back for a second hit when it is an easy score

Good news!

I got an anonymous tip from my CL ad. The info this guy gave me matches what the neighbor saw. I have given the police the guys name and address. I googled his info and the jerk has ripped people off on other RC forums. I will share his info once the police have done their work.

Crossing my fingers that my rigs are still intact!

there is people who go around steeling rc cars, thats just rude i rather loose my 1:1 car then my rc itmes, its easyer to replace a 1:1 scale car.

i hope it works out and some just comes about

I don't have much faith in the police at this point. I have given them names, addresses, lic plate numbers and they still say that is not enough to issue a search warrant. Whatever. They basically have to catch the guy with them which I doubt will happen. I can understand I guess. Hearsay and anon tips are just that. But what happened to probable cause?

Regardless, I have a claim open with my insurance company. I submitted all of my receipts and pics today. My concern is what happens to my rates? And more importantly, what happens if the police find my RCs after my claim is paid? Do I have to pay all the money back? That of course would suck

May guess would be ..if your RC stuff is recovered and returned..then you would have to give the money back....But you will have to ask your agent on that...slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks