Strange Steering Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher

I took my KM Baja apart for cleaning for the season (didn't touch the front steering or suspension, just removed the fuel tank and radio box on the front end. When I tested the steering I noticed that the right side hub is hitting the top of the bottom A-arm and binding up. I also noticed that when holding the front end up in the air (without tires) that the right side suspension is hanging lower than the left side (the side that is working properly). If I lift the a-arm by hand until it is level, then the binding does not occur. I didn't disassemble the front end at all, so I'm at a loss as to what could be the problem. I need some guidance so that I can fix the problem.

Found the issues. I had the cone shaped spacer on the bottom of the offending hub. I installed it wrong when I replaced the hub last season. I think I never caught it because with the buggy assembled and the weight of it on the ground the suspension raised up enough to clear. Took a break from being frustrated, and when I got back to it I could see the issue right away. Put the cone shaped spacer in the right position and all is well. Got everything running and tuned and now it's time to play!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks