Strange?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timduli

Hello guy's and girl's!

I was wondering if any of you could have any clue at all on a prob i got myself into here.

I have an engine, that has always been good to me, never any trouble, always starting at once, then i took the coil from that, gave it to a friend for a couple days, as he dident have one yet for the engine he was gonna run.

All worked out great, i then got it back, and i fired up my car, started as always.

Then all of a sudden i shuts down, like isntant shutdown, i tought it was my spark plug, as it sounded like it.

changed that, same poop. the spark plug sparks Very well, but the engine is completely dead.. even tryed putting abit of fuel directly into the engine, but even then, nothing what so ever, no signs of life anywere. and i have tryed everything, now my brain is completely empty for ideas as for what to try to get this thing up and running again.

Any toughts at all, would be Great!

Tim ,-

+1 on Keith mate.

Gap.
Contacts.

Should be simple.

Ensure it's pretty damned close, but NOT binding.
I'm certain Keith's given you the precise gap - he's an engineer - but generally people close down on a 'business/visiting card gap'.

Al.

But can it be to close or to far away, when the spark plug is sparkling just fine?
Or can it still be wrog, so it doesent spark like its supposed to?

I took 2 dollers, between the coild and the flywheel, let go of the coil, so it rested there, then i tightened it were is was, took the dollar away, and spark plug is sparking as a new one, or can it still be to close, and cause it to spark in the wrong way?

im kinda lost on that part, as i don't get why it dident fire, when i took fuel straight into the engine "down were the plug is supposed to be" =) and still dident fire. wich i find soo strange, when the spark plug "seems" fine to me.

hmm ok, this maybe the problem im having witrh my engine! ...i thought it was 3mm not 0.3! doh :(

i swear i read somewhere it was meant to be 3mm, would this cause problems when the engine is warm to start? it starts fine when my engine is cold, but what about when its warm?

Last edited:
hmm ok, this maybe the problem im having witrh my engine! ...i thought it was 3mm not 0.3! doh :(

i swear i read somewhere it was meant to be 3mm, would this cause problems when the engine is warm to start? it starts fine when my engine is cold, but what about when its warm?

its a wonder it started at all with a 3mm gap :lol::lol::lol:

K....

i did it exactly the same way the guy on the video did it, and its sparking alot, seems perfect, other then the fact that its 100% dead, and wont even show sign of any life what so ever, even when i take some fuel straight into the engine.

This is what i find so strange, as it should give some signs of life when i do this "as long as the spark plug is spraking" wich it does.. im realy stuck here.

Are there any visible air leaks/cracks around the head, how is the compression and does it pull over like before or is it jumpy..check the insulator block too..

no leaks at all, everything is just fine, "or aperantly not" :S

Here is the thing, engine has always been very good, until i let someone borrow my coil for a few days, then it went all dead on me, tho it did start just fine at once, "after i put the coil back on it" then i changed clutch shoes, took it back out, and it was completely dead.. i just don't get what it can be, as the plug is sparkling jsut fine... totaly lost on it

hehe, aye. i got my own back, i was the one who mounted it to him, and the one that removed it, i have also tryed using one of the other coils i have, wich works just fine, but changes nothing on this engine.

what im wondering now, is if the sparks im getting on my spark plug is correct, as in, can the coil change how it sparks, if its to close or to far away" by that im not talking about how much it sparks," but how it sparks.

Re-gap using a business card and have you put the 2 plastic spacers behind the coil, also how is the magnetised part of the coil, is it still strong if you put a screwdriver onto it..they have been known to lose their magnetisum...

What car have you got by the way..?

Carb is back to were it is supposed to, but the carb cant have anything to do with it, as the car wont give any signs of life, when i putted gasoline straigt into the engine.

The coil is all fine, the plastic behind the coil is not plastick on this care, but some kinda hard rubberish spacers, and yes those are in place. the eng is a 29cc zen.

I tryed with another coil that iknow works just fine aswell, but no signs of life, the car ran perfect when i stopped it to change the clutch shoes. after that it just went completely dead on me. have no idea what is causing it.

Make sure the cylinder head is tight and has lots of compression

Check for any airleaks around carb-manifold set carb back to factory settings

Spark + Fuel = Fire

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks